As far as I can see, the Mega Drive Hack Screenshots category is for actual screenshots, while the XXXX Images categories are for other images related to the hack which aren't screenshots (e.g. your monitor images). Not too sure about that though, and also not sure if screenshots related to a particular hack should be categorized under both the XXXX Images category and the Hack Screenshots category, so I'm not going to be making any edits until someone with more knowledge of this can fill us in. --Shobiz 12:56, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for sorting that out, I didn't see it and I pretty much added what I saw, my bad. :( SOTI 10:08, 2 February 2009 (CST)
I'm being attacked?!
Haha; no worries. I just meant that I've ALREADY sort of "optimised" them by compressing with pngpress as per ScarredSun's reccomendation, so they should already be pretty close to minimum size. But hey, if you want to squeeze 'em further, I'm not going to get angsty. :) Frozen Nitrogen 23:20, 8 June 2009 (CDT)
- Any ideas as to why my screencaps might be getting all emo (that is, darker) Nineko? What emulation / conversion processes are you using to get the much nicer bright ones? Frozen Nitrogen 22:01, 26 June 2009 (CDT)
- In other news: I recently uploaded "File:Art marine.jpg", but is seems... un-displayable? It's fine just sat on my PC (a particularly large pic of aforementioned Sonic Rush Adventure racoon), but seems to abruptly DIE whenever I try to look at it, or a page containing it, on the wiki. Zuh? Frozen Nitrogen 10:42, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
What optimizing software did you use?
What did you use? I tried to optimize them with PNGOUTWin, and still it is not perfect:( NeKit 22:41, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
- I use the command line version of pngout.exe -- but it's not what, it's how. Nineko 23:05, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, how? Anyway, my last 3 images differed only in 2-4 KB. I think it is not worth fighting for. NeKit 23:19, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not fighting with anyone, this should be clear, even if it's not the first time I'm being accused of this. I'm just saving bandwidth, should it be 1 byte or 9000 terabytes it's not a difference for me. But you shouldn't take it as a personal offense. I optimise everyone's pics all the times. I'm deleting yours because they've been uploaded less than a few hours before I reuploaded them; otherwise I'd keep them as old revisions to keep a backup of their SHA1s (as per GerbilSoft's instructions, otherwise I'd delete everything, you know). As for pngout's parameters, just fiddle with them: each picture has different best optimal settings so it's not possible to write a tutorial of any mean. Or upload what you want and let me do the job :p Nineko 23:40, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry, you didn't understand me about fighting right. I mean, that it is not worth for me trying to optimize images more, if I'll only win 2-4 KB. NeKit 08:51, 19 February 2010 (UTC)
- Using pngpress will get better results than PNGOUTWin on its own. - Hivebrain 23:48, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
<3 you --Shobiz 14:53, 10 July 2010 (UTC)
Just so you know, I used the pics that the author of the hack took himself. Not my fault they are not up to your standards.--MathUser 23:45, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
Oooh, we do have these! Thank you, I wanted to stick a billion of those everywhere. Despatche 19:36, 30 June 2011 (UTC)