Super Sonic in Sonic 3D
From Sonic Retro
|Fast Facts on Super Sonic in Sonic 3D|
Super Sonic in Sonic 3D is a hack of Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island made by Sik. This hack allows the player to turn into Super Sonic in said game after collecting all seven Chaos Emeralds, mimicking its prequels Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. The rules are borrowed from the latter two games, so the player must double jump to transform and also must not have a shield in that moment, besides the basic requirements (having all emeralds and 50 rings).
All of Super Sonic's behaviour is implemented: a custom palette, a transformation pose with a fading palette, invincibility (with stars), speed shoes and a music change upon transformation. Rings drain while transformed as well. Super Sonic can still be killed by getting crushed by some falling platforms, however, so he isn't completely immune to death.
This hack is based off Sonic 3D: No Flickies, and as such it shares the same gameplay rules.
- If you have 7 emeralds and 50 rings, you can double jump to become Super Sonic.
- You can't transform as long as you have a shield. You can get a shield after being transformed though, allowing Super Sonic to get and keep the Blast Attack, the predecessor to the Homing Attack of the later games.
- Being Super Sonic drains rings.
- Super Sonic automatically detransforms when the level finishes.
- The score tally doesn't mention that the player can transform into Super Sonic after getting all seven emeralds.
- Touching the electric walls in Gene Gadget Zone while transformed will cause Super Sonic to stay stuck until the rings drain completely and he dies.
- The water in Green Grove becomes yellow. Because a PAR code is needed to be able to transform in that zone, this isn't considered a serious bug. Some other graphics across the game are also affected, but aren't as noticeable.
- The Level Select Menu cheat is no longer accessible .
- All issues from Sonic 3D: No Flickies still are present in this hack.
|Download Super Sonic in Sonic 3D
File: Super_Sonic_in_Sonic_3D.zip (2.42 MB) (info)
Current version: 1.0