Sonic 3D: No Flickies
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic 3D: No Flickies
|Last release: 2009/1/4
|System: Sega Mega Drive
|Original game: Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island
Sonic 3D: No Flickies is a hack of Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island made by Sik. The game remains mostly unchanged; however, the Flicky collection system (part of the core gameplay of the original game) has been removed, allowing the player to complete the levels without needing to collect all the flickies in the level to advance. This makes it much more similar to traditional Sonic games, where the goal is to simply make it to the end of the level without dying.
- Flickies are no longer collectable. Enemies will still release them, but they will move about the level without doing anything useful.
- Big rings let the player continue despite the fact Sonic can not collect flickies. They act merely as checkpoints in this hack.
- The flicky HUD at the bottom-right corner is no longer present, since it serves no purpose. Also the flicky bonus is removed from the score tally screens.
- The tube at the end of Gene Gadget 1 will always lead the player to the end of the level, as flickies can not be collected.
- Levels have not been changed, so many medals cannot be reached (flickies increase jumping reach, which is needed to reach some airborne medals). In addition, many levels are arguably too easy to finish due to the open-ended nature of the original game.
|Download Sonic 3D: No Flickies
File: Sonic 3D No Flickies (v1.2).zip (2.43 MB) (info)
Current version: 1.2