This is a bad category name. It would have worked fifteen years ago, maybe, but Eggman is no longer the only opponent, and having Category:Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood Enemies, Category:Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Enemies, and Category:Sonic Unleashed Badniks as sub-categories of Category:Badniks is silly because most of the enemies in those games aren't even ROBOTS (and even those that are are neither animal-themed nor animal-containing).
Methinks we should, as a general rule, replace all instances of the word "Badnik" in category-space to "Enemy". - Frozen Nitrogen 16:11, 13 December 2009 (UTC)
- I'm going to agree about this, the Badnik name hasn't been used for a long time. Even if the Badnik name still needs to be used for some games, they should go under an Enemies category. SOTI 16:14, 13 December 2009 (UTC)
- Considering we use the term "enemies" for navigation in templates, I think this is just another case of categories not keeping up with writing. I guess we should change. - Scarred Sun 16:44, 13 December 2009 (UTC)
- Renaming complete. SOTI 21:34, 6 January 2010 (UTC)
- Græt success! Frozen Nitrogen
I've noticed that enemies from Sonic Adventure, Adventure 2 and Heroes have numbers before their names indicating they are part of the E-Series, such as E-1003 Cameron. Where exactly were these numbers stated by Sega? CloneWarrior 10:00, 25 September 2010 (CDT)
- See, THIS is why we need a citation system, cough cough other sysops who argued against it.
- Anyway, iirc the numbers came from the Sonic Heroes Prima Official Strategy Guide. Frozen Nitrogen (Talk) 18:41, 25 September 2010 (CDT)
- Nope, the Prima guide has no such numbers. In fact, it doesn't even have half of the enemies in it.
- I'm pretty sure these numbers were all taken straight from the old Wikipedia article, which I created five years ago, at a point where I had just started using Wikipedia and didn't really care if the information I posted was made up on the spot or not.
- I just put in random numbers for most of the enemies. Although I'm not sure if I actually took any from some kind of official source, the Sonic Heroes ones (E-1001 Egg Pawn to E-1007 Heavy Egg Hammer) were all definitely made up.
- I also originally had numbers for Kiki, Gola, Unidus, Gemerl, Silver Sonic, Metal Sonic, and Mecha Sonic. I obviously was pretty immature back then.
- Anyways, unless there is some other source for all of that info, then it honestly should all be removed. Though I am flattered that these numbers ended up on multiple sites. CloneWarrior 01:22, 26 September 2010 (CDT)
- Well, thanks a bunch for the heads-up Clone. I'm sure someone once claimed they had legitimate sources for SOME of these things, so I'll wait a while for any other informers to chime in. After that: mass excision.
- Congrats on creating such a well-proliferating falsehood, anyway. I give you a B+ in Memetics. ;) - Frozen Nitrogen (Talk) 18:26, 26 September 2010 (CDT)