Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (iPhone)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2|
|Developer: Sonic Team|
|System(s): iPhone, iPod Touch|
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (ソニック・ザ・ヘッジホッグ２) is a game for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It is a version of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Mega Drive. Rather than being ported to run on iOS itself, the game consists of a ROM running on an emulator named iGenesis.
The game is controlled by a directional pad and a button which are overlaid on the screen. It is possible to shrink the screen so that using the controls will not block the view. This moves the start button between the buttons rather than at the top-right in full screen mode. A game save option is available and allows a game to be resumed after being turned off. A two-player mode is also available via Bluetooth.
This version of Sonic 2 can only be played as Sonic and Tails, and while the game's resolution is stretched to fit the iPhone screen during normal gameplay, the Special Stages retain their original resolution.
In 2013, the game was replaced with a new version (referred to as "3.0" in the version history), which was created from scratch without the need for emulation.
|Main article: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (iPhone)/Changelog|
- Sega of Japan catalogue page (archive)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on iTunes: JP, US, UK (replaced with 2013 version)
- http://blogs.sega.com/2010/04/21/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-now-available-on-iphone-ipod-touch-and-ipad/ (archived: 2018-04-18 02:37)
- http://blogs.sega.com/2010/08/26/segas-back-to-school-iphone-sale/ (archived: 2017-11-25 19:32)
- http://sega.jp/kt/apple/sonic2/ (archived: 2010-05-13 17:20)
- http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sonic-the-hedgehog-2/id347411942?mt=8 (archived: 2018-09-22 00:27)
- http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sonic-the-hedgehog-2/id347411942?mt=8 (archived: 2011-03-26 16:28)
- http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sonic-the-hedgehog-2/id347411942?mt=8 (archived: 2010-10-03 06:04)
- http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sonic-the-hedgehog-2/id347411942?mt=8 (archived: 2010-04-26 18:40)
|Sonic games for the following systems|
|2007 Sonic the Hedgehog (iPod) 2009 Sonic the Hedgehog (iPhone) 2010 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 | Sonic Spinball | Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games | Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I 2011 Sonic 20th Anniversary | Sonic the Sketchhog | Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing | Sonic the Hedgehog CD 2012 Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II | Sonic the Hedgehog Skins | Sonic Jump 2013 Sonic Dash | Sonic the Hedgehog | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 | Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 2014 Sonic Jump Fever 2015 Sonic Runners | Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom 2017 Sonic Forces: Speed Battle|