Sonic the Hedgehog (2006 game)
From Sonic Retro
- Back to: [].
|SCHG: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006 game)|
Most of the following file formats can be edited by using Sonic '06 Toolkit. Anything else is either done with another tool or hasn't yet been cracked.
File Formats (contains speculation)
- .arc: Archives that contain all game data other than the majority of audio.
- .csb: Archives which contain many .aif sound files. These are the same format used in future games such as Generations, and as such are compatible with those tools, but '06 Toolkit is also an option.
- .lub: Compiled .lua scripts. These must be decompiled to edit them. For the most part, they do not need to be recompiled for the game to accept them, but they do need to have the original filename (with .lub extension), and a select few files will cause issues when decompiled.
- .ftm: Font maps
- .kbf: Mission files
- .mab: Event and miscellaneous character files. References .dds and .xnv particle files.
- .mst: Message/subtitle files. Can be converted to XML using Toolkit.
- .path: Scripted path files
- .pfi: Text-related files
- .prop: Contains level variables and actions
- .xncp: UI layout files. Contains animations for them as well. This format was used from Shadow the Hedgehog up until Sonic Generations, and a successor based on it (.swif) was used in Lost World and Forces.
- .xnd: Camera files
- Eventplaybook.epb seems to control all of the cutscenes in this game.
- .sbk: Groups .xma files and also calls them by their original .adx extensions
- .wmv: Video files. The game will accept anything as long as it is the correct resolution (1280x720).
- .xma (360) or .at3 (PS3): Music and voice files.
- .fxo: DirectX Shader files
- .hkx: Havok physics behavior files. This game uses Havok-3.3.0-b2.
- .pkg: File indexes (groups .fxo, .lua, .dds, .plc, .xnf, .xno, .xni, .xnm, and .xnv files for objects). They are BINA string tables similar to those found in Sonic Colors.
- .set: Object/effect placement files.
- .xne: Applies .fxo files to some objects
- .xng: Only used for a cage model file
- .xnm: Animation files
- .xtm: A plaintext version of the .xnm format that was used during development. These are not accepted by the game. The only file with this extension is kn_glide_l_Root.xtm, matching the filename of a gliding animation for Knuckles which uses the standard .xnm extension.
- .mbi: Motion Base Information Files. These files contain morph data. They can be opened in notepad.
- .xna: Contains various data for switches, breakable objects, and NPCs.
- .xno: Model files.
- .xto: Plaintext version of the .xno format. Not accepted by the game. The only file with this extension is en_Kyozoress.xto (matching a used .xno), for the large golem-like enemies in Mephiles' second fight.
- .bin: Collision data
- .rab: Related to the .bin files
- .dds: Texture files
- .tev: Used in breakable objects. References .xnm files.
- .ptb: References .dds particle textures. Possibly tells which particle effects to load on each area, character, or event.
- .peb: Particle effect files
- .plc: Particle effect loaders
- .xni: Light particles
- .xnv: Special effect generation files (particle/xno_model/ef_cylinder001_a_x_03m.xnv)
- .xtv: Plaintext version of the .xnv format. Not accepted by the game. The only file with this extension is once again for Kyozoress, with the filename en_Kyozoress.xtv (matching a used .xnv).
Not an exhaustive list!
- \archives: Where most character, enemy, and level .arc files are kept.
- stage_e0003: Elise's prison cell at Dusty Desert
- stage_e0009: Eggman's time machine sends Sonic to the future.
- stage_e0010: Eggman's time machine in the future
- stage_e0012: Crisis City computer room with Sonic and company
- stage_e0021: The Egg Carrier invades Soleanna.
- stage_e0022: Elise is held captive in the Egg Carrier.
- stage_e0023: Scene where Silver teams up with Sonic at Kingdom Valley
- stage_e0026: Silver helps Sonic travel to the past.
- stage_e0028: Sonic hops aboard the Egg Carrier at Aquatic Base.
- stage_e0031: Elise is captured after the festival in Sonic's story.
- stage_e0104: Scene where Mephiles is revived through Shadow.
- stage_e0105: Mephiles takes Shadow and Rouge to this area in Crisis City.
- stage_e0106: Crisis City computer room with Shadow and Rouge
- stage_e0120: Shadow in Eggman's train
- stage_e0125: Shadow and Silver give Elise the scepter in Shadow's story.
- stage_e0206: Scene where Silver meets Amy at Soleanna
- stage_e0214: Amy at Eggman's base in White Acropolis
- stage_e0216: Scene where Elise is captured at her castle in Silver's story.
- stage_e0221: Scene where the Duke of Soleanna gives Elise to Silver
- stage_e0304: Soleanna at the End of the World
- stage_kdv_d: Kingdom Valley "Mach speed" section
- stage_rct_b: Radical Train "Mach speed" section
- stage_tpj_c: Tropical Jungle Siver/Rouge/final section
- stage_twn_a: Soleanna Castle Town
- stage_twn_b: Soleanna New City
- stage_twn_c: Soleanna Forest
- stage_twn_d: Soleanna Circuit
- stage_wap_b: White Acropolis second/final section
- stage_wvo_a: Wave Ocean
- stage_wvo_b: Wave Ocean "Mach Speed" section
- archives: Where some other .arc files are kept. All of the .lub scripts can be found here.
- Stage: Contains stage collision data
- Player: Contains the code for all of the characters
- Sound: Contains sound effects
- event: Where the cut scene videos and voice files are kept. Pre-rendered cut scenes are in .wmv, while other cut scenes have .xma files.
- sound: Music files and credits videos
- event: Cutscene music
- e: English voice files
- j: Japanese voice files
- In many of the player .lua files, there is a parameter called "input_method_mario64"
- The menu files from the TGS demo are at win32\archives\sprite\win32\sprite\gameshow.
- The Kingdom Valley TGS demo files are located at xenon\archives\scripts\xenon\placement\other\gameshow.
(In alphabetical order)