World Heroes 2
From Sonic Retro
|World Heroes 2|
|Developer: Cony Soft|
World Heroes 2 (not to be confused with SNK's official World Heroes 2 arcade game) is an unlicensed video game for the Nintendo Entertainment System. It is a fighting game supposedly made by a group called "Cony Soft" in 1994 that puts several characters from different unrelated games against each other. Among the playable characters are; Ryu, Chun Li, and M. Bison (Street Fighter), Mario and Bowser (Mario games), Sonic (Sonic games), Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Haggar (Final Fight), Laurence Blood., Andy Bogard, and Mai (Fatal Fury), and Goku (DragonBall Z). The characters seem to have themes mimicking music used in their respective games or from other games.
Numerous typos and engrish can be spotted throughout the game (i.e. "If screen is error", "Player Secelt", etc). The engine used within this game was recycled for numerous other pirate fighting games, so identifying the origin of the ROM would be difficult and maybe impossible.
|Download World Heroes 2
File: World Heroes 2.7z (223 kB) (info)
Much of the in-game music seems to be sampled from other games.
- Ryu - E. Honda's level theme from Street Fighter II.
- Mario - Super Mario World title theme.
- Chun Li - Her level theme from Street Fighter II.
- Sonic - Title screen theme from Sonic 1 and Sonic 2.
- Leonardo - Theme from the original TMNT show.
- Haggar - Unknown.
- Bowser - Blanka's level theme from Street Fighter II.
- Laurence Blood. - Unknown.
- Andy Bogard - His level theme from the Fatal Fury games.
- Goku - Unknown.
- Mai - Her level theme from the Fatal Fury games.
- M. Bison - Guile's level theme from Street Fighter II.
- Gameplay Footage on YouTube