Sonic And The Mystic Gems
From Sonic Retro
|Fast Facts on Sonic And The Mystic Gems|
Version: Version .007 - Hacking Contest 2013 Demo
Sonic And The Mystic Gems (previously known as Sonic 1 Harder Levels) is a hack made by Eduardo Knuckles and his team Harder Project of Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Mega Drive. The hack adds to the game a lot of new features such as the three known main playable characters, a checkpoint monitor, customizable level music playlist, a sweet and clear save data select menu, difficulty selection, a unique music menu and some other additional menus and screens which gives to the game a completely new gameplay experience.
Unsatisfied by his last defeat, Robotnik sought for other methods to kick Sonic off his way. While he was looking for the Chaos Emeralds, he found another source of energy which seems to be powerful like those emeralds. This source of power is known as Mystic Gems. As opposite of the chaos emeralds, they have an destructive evil power. If he gets access to these gems he can rule the world. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles now have to prevent Robotnik from find this evil power, so there's how this new adventure begins. There's a expert plan to take over South Island with robots and courses, but Sonic and his friends will not let the doctor to conclude it easily.
Will you be capable of helping Sonic to pass from this very difficult adventure? Good luck!!
- New splash screens
- Sonic, Tails and Knuckles has new stance animation according levels.
- An Options menu where difficulty, character and playlist can be choosen
- Game mode select (Original, Harder and Expert)
- Game soundtrack (Playlist A, Playlist B, Playlist C and Random playlist)
- Player Select (Sonic, Tails And Knuckles)
- Music theater
- And more...
Credits and Special Thanks
- Mistergambit for his Spring Yard Zone and Labyrinth Zone level art used in the game.
- Tweaker for his information regarding music importing, bug fixes and the speedcap removal.
- HPZMan for the new sound driver instruments and the dynamic tile-set system.
- Selbi for some new exclusive ASM things and improvements.
- Master3k for sending and fixing some music.
- nineko for creating the xm3smps tool which was essential for the creation of some songs. Special credits to him for the different songs per act system used.
- SCAA for their art.
- FraGag for his tutorial to fix the spike bug.
- KlausPactus for main beta testing.
- SonicVaan for beta testing.
- Tobey for beta testing.
- HCKTROX for the asm related to menus, character fixes and such.
- GenesisFan64 for the save screen menu, for some fixes related to the fade-out and others.
- MarkeyJester for lots of important code and a whole load of others.
- Irixion for beta testing.
- PsychoSk8r for his the dynamic palettes tutorial.
- Esrael for fixing essential things in the new sound driver.
Special credits to Harder Project's Team by all the useful exclusively things used in the project.
|Download Sonic And The Mystic Gems
File: Harder_Levels_v07-PrototypeDemo_(Hacking_Contest_2013_Built).zip (1.04 MB) (info)
Current version: 0.7 (Prototype Demo) Hacking Contest 2013 Build
Restart: On March 17, 2010 Eduardo Knuckles decided to restart the hack from a clean source. His reasons were the huge number of bugs and broken features, as well as his team being disrespectful.
Currently only the oldest version which were previously named as Sonic 1 Harder Levels are available for download. The Mystic Gems project is still in development. Game descriptions and downloads will be refined from here soon, so people will have to still download these previous versions below. When the hack gets finally out for release, the download links will be updated.
Definitive Return To The Activities: After a completely unexpected success by receiving its most coveted Genocide City Trophy in the Sonic Hacking Contest 2013 during the first participation of the hack in the contest, Eduardo Knuckles returned to his work on the project and decided for definitive to work actively on the hack until its final release. In 20 August 2013, the prototype ROM is officially released to public, clearly being the same demo one which was submitted to the Hacking Contest.
- Sonic 1 Harder Version v0.00 Super Unstable, Unfinished Work (info) (1.11 MB)
- Sonic 1 Harder Version v0.6 (Hacking Contest 6 build) (info) (698 kB)
- Sonic 1 Harder Version v0.5 (Beta 2) (info) (397 kB)
- Sonic 1 Harder Version v0.5 Demo 01 (info) (394 kB)
- Sonic 1 Harder Version v0.4 (info) (396 kB)
- Sonic 1 Harder Version v0.3 (Download link removed due to the author's request)
- Sonic 1 Harder Version v0.2 (Download link removed due to the author's request)
- Sonic 1 Harder Version v0.1 (Download link removed due to the author's request)