Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball (Mega Drive prototype; 1993-08)
From Sonic Retro
(Redirected from Sonic Spinball (16-bit prototype))
| Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball|
(Mega Drive prototype; 1993-08)
|Prerelease of: Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball|
|System: Sega Mega Drive|
|Build date: 1993-08|
|ROM size: 1.25 MB|
|Source: EPROM cartridge|
|Found by: PREMIERE, Elliotro|
Built a month prior to the final US build, this prototype is not much different from the final and can be played all the way through, with several differences and a large amount of bugs, particularly in the latter half of the game.
This prototype was originally dumped by PREMIERE sometime in 1993 and distributed over BBS before the game was released, as the ROM contains data for a scene intro by the group. Since its release, the ROM continued to be distributed by the Chinese through ROM sites and bootleg CDs, cartridges, and Super Magic Drive floppies. It was eventually rediscovered and made available by Elliotro on August 1, 2000, allowing it to be properly identified and archived.
| This article needs cleanup.|
This article needs to be edited to conform to a higher standard of article quality. Specifically, issues with this article are:
This section needs moving to the comparisons page(s)
After the article has been cleaned up, you may remove this message. See How to Edit a Page for help.
|Main article: Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball (Mega Drive prototype; 1993-08)/Comparisons|
- There are some different or missing messages from the scrolling bar on the top of the screen.
- Different sound effects.
- There is a variation of the Intro tune, as well as a song that may be a early version of The Machine in the ROM. They can be accessed via hacking or opening the ROM in M1. (or listening the VGMs)
- The ROM is partially overdumped. At the end of the ROM is a copy of another game, Sub-Terrania.
- No eruption timer.
- Sonic is off center in the cut scene when collecting an Emerald.
- Using the switch that moves the bridge up will play a small Sonic 2 sound bite.
- Extra badnik in Showdown.
- Trigger on Showdown boss is more helpful.
|Download Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball (Mega Drive prototype; 1993-08)
File: Sonic Spinball (Beta).7z (487 kB) (info)
|Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball (Mega Drive prototype; 1993-08), prerelease version of Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball|
|Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball (16-bit)|