Sonic 1 Special Version
From Sonic Retro
|Fast Facts on Sonic 1 Special Version|
Sonic 1 Special Version is a hack of Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit) for the Sega Mega Drive created by EditChris. It is functionally similar to Sonic the Hedgehog Megamix, featuring new visuals, layouts, character abilities, and music from various games.
- //: Jump
- + //: Spin Dash. Classic Spin Dash, like in Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
- + //: Super Peel Out. But it charges a bit faster than in Sonic CD.
- / (in mid-air): Homing Attack. Homes in on enemies and monitors and destroys them.
- (in mid-air): Jump Dash.
- or (It depends on the direction you're running) + : Water Skimming. It allows Sonic to bounce on water.
- Added new menus.
- New both normal and Special Stage levels.
- New music (different per act).
- Minor edits on bosses (only more hits).
- New palletes and designs.
- Added "Original Mode", which allows the player to play the original Sonic 1 with some fixes and optimizations, also including Sonic's new abilities.
Each version of the hack can be downloaded at EditChris's Official Webpage.