From Sonic Retro
(Redirected from Human)
Humans are the strange, almost completely furless mammals that inhabit Station Square and various other areas. Since the beginning of the series, Dr. Eggman has been the only known human until other humans started to be seen starting with Sonic Adventure. They tend to be slow and lacking in attack abilities, and with the exception of characters like Chris Thorndyke and Professor Pickle, they are rarely seen doing anything of any real use (spending most of their time idly standing or walking around looking for someone to ramble to). Nevertheless, they are treated as if they were important.
In Sonic Unleashed, humans take on more cartoony appearances compared to previous games, and just about every human in the game has a unique design and name. Some humans will give Sonic missions to complete, while some would be possessed by Dark Gaia minions at night, making them behave very strangely and out-of-character, and thus require exorcism.
In Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog, humans are depicted as the mildly interesting but fundamentally useless inhabitants of the hidden city of Station Square. Their strong resemblance to Overlanders has been questioned, but they can provide no explanation, and in fact were unaware of Overlanders until Sonic and his fellow Freedom Fighters mentioned them.
- Dr. Eggman - The main antagonist of the Sonic series since the beginning.
- Gerald Robotnik - Dr. Eggman's grandfather and Shadow's creator.
- Maria Robotnik - Gerald's granddaughter and friend of Shadow.
- President of the United Federation - Seen in Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow the Hedgehog.
- G.U.N. Commander - The commander of G.U.N. Seen in Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
- Eggman Nega - An interdimensional counterpart (or possibly distant descendant) of Eggman.
- Princess Elise the Third - The princess of Soleanna. Seen in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).
- Duke of Soleanna - The previous ruler of Soleanna and Elise's father.
- Professor Pickle - An academic based in Spagonia University and an expert on the Gaia Manuscripts.
- Wentos - A travelling merchant seen with a Chao hand puppet in Sonic Unleashed.
- Don Fachio - The owner and namesake of a worldwide hot dog mega-franchise.
- Chris Thorndyke - Sonic's friend throughout the series.
- Chuck Thorndyke - Chris' grandfather.
- Nelson Thorndyke - Chris' father.
- Lindsey Thorndyke - Chris' mother.
- Ella - Chris' large and jolly maid.
- Mr. Tanaka - Chris' Japanese butler.
- Mr. Stewart - A government agent disguised as a teacher.
- Topaz - A G.U.N. agent and Rouge's partner.