Sonic Advance 2/Hidden content
From Sonic Retro
- Back to: Sonic Advance 2.
If the game fails to detect an SRAM chip (usually if the chip is not present or is faulty), all content will be unlocked. This is also the case for the other Sonic Advance games.
|Copyright information on a black background.|
|"TGS ver.", from an earlier Tokyo Game Show build.|
|Unused title screen background. This was used in the build used for the trailer included in Sonic Mega Collection.|
Multiplayer team play
Sonic Advance had the option to enable team play when playing in multiplayer modes. Such a feature was dropped for Sonic Advance 2, however coding for team play remains in the game and was found by freshollie. It can be enabled via hacking the game to call the team play setup screen after multiplayer connection has been initialised.
Team play is largely complete, and teammates can interact with each other. Code for team-specific character actions is left over from Sonic Advance, though is partially functional:
- Sonic's team action (boosting teammates with his Spin Dash) works as intended.
- Tails' and Knuckles' team actions (carrying teammates while flying/gliding) will cause their teammate to be stuck in the air with no way to control them.
- Amy's team action (catapulting teammates upward with her Piko Piko Hammer) doesn't function at all.
- Cream has no team action coded for her.
Graphical glitches will also occur on the results screen for players from the winning team, but not for losing players.
Located at ROM addresses $CD6224 (JP) and $7F9078 (US/EU):
0.93 Thu Oct 25 00:00:00 2002
0.94 Thu Oct 25 00:00:00 2002
Cheat device codes
These are cheat codes that can only be used with game enhancer devices. Support for these codes is available in most emulators.
Official codes, US version
|Enable Code (Must Be On).|
|820049D6 2063||Quick Stat Level Up.|
|Sonic Advance 2|