World Heroes 2
From Sonic Retro
|World Heroes 2|
|Developer: Cony Soft|
|Number of players: 1-2|
World Heroes 2 (not to be confused with SNK's official World Heroes 2 arcade game) is an unlicensed video game for the Famicom. It is a fighting game supposedly made by a group called "Cony Soft" in 1994 that pits several characters from different unrelated games against each other.
Numerous typos and Engrish can be spotted throughout the game (i.e. "If screen is error", "Player Secelt", etc). The engine used within this game was recycled for numerous other pirate fighting games, so identifying the origin of the ROM would be extremely difficult if not impossible.
Error creating thumbnail:
|This short section needs expansion. You can help Sonic Retro by.|
A total of 12 characters are available in World Heroes 2, listed here in order from left to right, top to bottom:
|Icon||In-game name||Real name||Franchise|
|Sonic||Sonic the Hedgehog||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Leo.||Leonardo||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
|Haggar||Mike Haggar||Final Fight|
|Yeain||Laurence Blood||Fatal Fury|
|Andy||Andy Bogard||Fatal Fury|
|ごくぅ||Son Goku||Dragon Ball|
|Mai Mai||Mai Shiranui||Fatal Fury|
|Vega||M. Bison||Street Fighter|
The in-game music is all sampled from other games featuring the characters, though some characters' themes are not from their game of origin.
- Ryu - E. Honda's theme from Street Fighter II.
- Mario - Super Mario World title theme.
- Chun-Li - Chun-Li's theme from Street Fighter II.
- Sonic - Title screen theme from Sonic 1 and Sonic 2.
- Leonardo - Theme from the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon.
- Mike Haggar - Metro City Slums theme from Final Fight.
- Bowser - Blanka's theme from Street Fighter II.
- Laurence Blood - Chemical Plant Zone theme from Sonic 2.
- Andy Bogard - "Pasta" from Fatal Fury 2.
- Son Goku - Character select theme from Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden.
- Mai Shiranui - "Enryuuujin" from Fatal Fury 2.
- M. Bison - Guile's theme from Street Fighter II.
- Character select screen - Character select screen theme from Street Fighter II.
- General victory theme - Victory theme from Street Fighter II.
- Mario's victory theme - Stage clear theme from Super Mario World.
- Leonardo's victory theme - Stage clear theme from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time.
- Programming: Derek Sung, Bill Lin
- Animation: David Yeh
- Music: Victor Chen, Navaid Hatmi
- Testing: Super Cat Team Group
- Source: In-game credits
|Download World Heroes 2
File: World Heroes 2.7z (223 kB) (info)
ROM dump status
- Gameplay Footage on YouTube