World Heroes 2
From Sonic Retro
|World Heroes 2|
|Developer: Cony Soft|
World Heroes 2 (not to be confused with SNK's official World Heroes 2 arcade game) is an unlicensed video game for the Nintendo Entertainment System. It is a fighting game supposedly made by a group called "Cony Soft" in 1994 that pits several characters from different unrelated games against each other. Among the playable characters are; Ryu, Chun-Li, and M. Bison (Street Fighter), Mario and Bowser (Super Mario Bros.), Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog), Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Mike Haggar (Final Fight), Laurence Blood, Andy Bogard, and Mai Shiranui (Fatal Fury), and Son Goku (Dragon Ball). The characters also have themes mimicking music used in their respective games or from other games.
Numerous typos and Engrish can be spotted throughout the game (i.e. "If screen is error", "Player Secelt", etc). The engine used within this game was recycled for numerous other pirate fighting games, so identifying the origin of the ROM would be extremely difficult if not impossible.
|Download World Heroes 2
File: World Heroes 2.7z (223 kB) (info)
The in-game music is all sampled from other games.
- Ryu - E. Honda's level theme from Street Fighter II.
- Mario - Super Mario World title theme.
- Chun-Li - Her level theme from Street Fighter II.
- Sonic - Title screen theme from Sonic 1 and Sonic 2.
- Leonardo - Theme from the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon.
- Mike Haggar - Stage 1-1 theme from Final Fight.
- Bowser - Blanka's level theme from Street Fighter II.
- Laurence Blood - Chemical Plant Zone theme from Sonic 2.
- Andy Bogard - Andy's level theme from the Fatal Fury games.
- Son Goku - Character select theme from Dragon Ball Z: Super Butōden.
- Mai Shiranui - Mai level theme from the Fatal Fury games.
- M. Bison - Guile's level theme from Street Fighter II.
- Character select screen - Character select screen from Street Fighter II.
- General victory theme - Victory theme from Street Fighter II.
- Mario's victory theme - Stage clear theme from Super Mario World.
- Leonardo's victory theme - Stage clear theme from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time.
- Programming: Derek Sung, Bill Lin
- Animation: David Yeh
- Music: Victor Chen, Navaid Hatmi
- Testing: Super Cat Team Group
- Source: In-game credits
- Gameplay Footage on YouTube