From Sonic Retro
|Category: Multi-purpose editor|
|Supported Games: Sonic Adventure DX PC|
SADXTweaker is a utility that edits many things in the PC version of Sonic Adventure DX's sonic.exe file. It was written by MainMemory in Visual Basic .NET. It requires the .NET Framework 3.5 to run. It is named after Sonic Tweaker. This program's goal is to edit everything that isn't covered by a more specific editor, especially values that are inside of code.
Access these from the Window menu.
Character Switch allows you to replace a character with another one.
Action Switch allows you to change what a character does when a certain action is performed.
Animation Switch allows you to change the animation that plays when a certain action is performed.
Physics Editor allows you to edit various values that affect the characters' movement.
Code Switch allows you to enable and disable some pieces of code. This requires you to provide a path to an unmodified sonic.exe file.
Music Editor allows you to change the filenames used for music and decide if they should loop or not. It also allows you to change which songs play for certain levels/events.
Resolution Editor allows you to change the resolutions associated with the various screensize settings in the sonicDX.ini file.
Object list editor allows you to change which objects appear in the levels, and allows you to copy and paste objects between them.
Character texture list editor allows you to change the textures that load for the characters.
Level texture list editor allows you to change the textures that load for the levels.
Object texture list editor allows you to change the textures that load for objects in the levels.
BG Editor allows you to change the layout of textures in backgrounds. Currently only supports AVA_BACK.PVM
Trial level list editor allows you to choose which levels are available to each character in trial mode.
Text Editor allows you to edit the text from all the cutscenes and recap screens.
Extender allows you to add space to your exe.
More Actions/Animations for the respective editors
- More Actions for Sonic
- More Animations for Sonic
- New "Save" and "Run" items in File menu
- Empty Physics Editor window
- Tails is now available for Actions and Animations
- Knuckles is now available for Animations
- Code Switch window implemented
- SADXTweaker now remembers the EXE version you select
- After 2 Releases with it empty, the Physics Editor window has been implemented.
- Music Editor added
- Resolution Editor added
- Now uses a plugin system instead of having everything in one EXE file
- Object list editor added
- Object texture list editor added
- Fixed potential bug in Object List Editor
- Added other two boss characters to character switch
- BG Editor added
- Trial level list editor added
- Music Selection tab added to Music Editor
- Text Editor added
- Form default size doubled (600x600)
- EXE Extender added
- Free space manager added
- Object list editor, Object texture list editor and Trial level list editor can now expand lists.
- Object Texture List editor can now add textures to PVMs
- New Character Texture List editor and Level Texture List editor with the same features as the object one.
File: SADXTweakerR12.zip (378 kB) (info)
Current version: Release 12
Release 11 (info) (342 kB)
Release 10 (info) (324 kB)
Release 9 (info) (393 kB)
Release 8 (info) (175 kB)
Release 7 (info) (88 kB)
Release 6 (info) (38 kB)
Release 5 (info) (36 kB)
Release 4 (info) (34 kB)
Release 3 (info) (31 kB)
Release 2 (info) (24 kB)
Release 1 (info) (23 kB)