Sonic Drift 2 SMS is a Master System port by Shibunoa of Sonic Drift 2, which was released only for the Game Gear and never got a Master System version.
Bugs and Glitches
Sonic Drift 2 SMS is still in an early state so there are a number of noticeable bugs, as of July 2009 these include:
- The palette uploading routine has been totally rewritten.
- The title screen now checks if button 1 is pressed, instead of Game Gear's Start.
- The ROM checksum has been fixed, and it will boot with US/European BIOS.
- Full Screen (With occasional garbage / glitch due to the engine writing stuff outside of the Game Gear’s screen area.)
Working but faulty:
- Can't exit demo mode (you have to wait for it to finish).
- Status is shown in the middle of the screen during races.
- Some garbage is shown in the top right part of the screen during races.
- Some things look like they're cut in some screens, (e.g. tails body in the menus).
- Can't pause in a race.
- Colors sometimes appear wrong.
Sonic Drift 2 MS at Sonic Retro