Sonic 2 Adventure Edition
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic 2 Adventure Edition|
|Last release: 2013-07-21|
|System: Sega Mega Drive|
|ROM size: 2 MB|
|Original game: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)|
- The title screen's 1 Player/2 Player selection has been replaced by a choice between Adventure mode, where you play through levels in order, and Trial mode which allows you to select a single stage.
- A character select screen is presented before beginning the level in Adventure mode or heading to the level select in Trial mode, which includes an animation of each character and their completion percentage.
- The HUD has been redesigned, removing the score counter, expanding the minute counter to two digits, adding a centisecond counter, replacing the "RINGS" text with an image of a Ring, and removing the character's name from the life counter.
- The end of level score tally now includes an Enemy Bonus, which counts any points you get during the level.
- Rather than having the first act end with a signpost, you will instead be transported directly to the second act, making them function as one large level.
- Sky Chase, Wing Fortress and Death Egg now have score tallies (SCZ and DEZ upon completing the level, WFZ upon defeating the boss).
- Each level (barring Sky Chase and Death Egg) has three missions to complete (more info in each character's section). Completing these objectives will earn you an Emblem.
- Your collected Emblems, Best Score, Best Time, and Most Rings are saved and can be viewed in the Trial mode level select.
- Clearing Emerald Hill Zone for the first time unlocks Trial mode and Tails.
Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic can no longer roll by pressing .
- Sonic's Spin Dash is now activated by holding on the ground. It will charge power as you hold the button.
- When the Spin Dash reaches maximum charge, Sonic will stand up and begin glowing blue. Release the button to activate the Light Speed Attack or Light Speed Dash depending on the presence of Badniks or Monitors.
- Press while rolling to uncurl and begin running.
- Pressing in the air causes Sonic to perform a Jump Cancel, canceling all momentum and uncurling from ball mode.
- Pressing or after jumping initiates a Homing Attack if there is a suitable target nearby, or a Jump Dash if there isn't.
Sonic's missions involve simply reaching the end of the level.
- Level C: Reach the end of the level.
- Level B: Reach the end of the level with 50 Rings.
- Level A: Reach the end of the level within a time limit (varies by level).
Miles "Tails" Prower
- Tails can no longer roll by pressing .
- Press or after jumping to begin flying. Press while flying to drop quickly.
- Press while moving to begin rolling. Press while rolling to uncurl and begin running.
- Pressing in the air causes Tails to perform a Jump Cancel, canceling all momentum and uncurling from ball mode.
- Tails' missions are currently the same as Sonic's.
|Download Sonic 2 Adventure Edition
File: Sonic 2 Adventure Edition 2.zip (820 kB) (info)
Current version: 2