Metal Sonic Rebooted
From Sonic Retro
|Fast Facts on Metal Sonic Rebooted|
Metal Sonic Rebooted is a complete heavy modification of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 by Lone Devil for the Sega Genesis. it features an extensive amount of new art, layouts, mechanics, music, and features that in total creates a different experience.
Dr'Robotnik has built an advanced army of badniks to search for the Chaos Emeralds, and it's up to Metal Sonic to find the emeralds before them by destroying everything in his way to show Robotnik he shouldn't be replaced.
- (Midair) - Fastfall. Fall instantly downwards at a rolling state, holding the jump button while bouncing off from a monitor or badnik will boost your jumpheight.
- + / (Midair) - Vertical Aerial Dash. Holding the jump button will blast you upwards to reach upper routes or shortcuts at the cost of 10 rings.
- / + / (Midair) - Diagonal Aerial Dash. (Only in Super Sonic) Blast horizontally quickly at the cost of 5 rings, can be used to reach or skip chunks of areas.
- (Midair) - Overclocked Mode. Requires 200 Rings to overheat Metal Sonic for extended invincibility and speed that quickly drains your Rings to death. Can also turn Super with All 7 Emeralds and 50 Rings.
- Introducing Bomb from Knuckles Chaotix as a temporary sidekick. mirrors your movement in Special Stages and explodes Rings when hit.
- By taking advantage of the amount of rings you have, Rings carries over each act or checkpoint.
- You start off with 3 Continues in Normal difficulty, but zero in Hard.
- Getting hit will only lose 15 Rings. (Hard Mode is back to zero)
- All Special Stage layouts are changed, having Bomb will moderately increase the amount of total rings. (except at Hard Mode)
- Knuckles is playable as an April Fools joke by pressing , , , , at the Title Screen.
- Playing in NTSC-J region will translate the title screen logo to Japanese.
- Sonic 2 Continues, Level Select, and Debug Mode cheats will still function but Continues Cheat will grant you 999 Rings + Bomb at the start.
- Diving into Water will cancel Overclocked Mode.
- Metal Sonic can't drown underwater.
- Slowducking from Sonic 3 & Knuckles has been adapted.
- Metal Sonic Rebooted is a spiritual successor to Metal Sonic Hyperdrive.
- 01: Cosmic Carnage - Title Theme
- 02: Cosmic Carnage - Cylic Fully Armored
- 03: Virtua Racing Deluxe - Name Entry
- 04: Megaman Zero 4 - Max Heat (SMPS)
- 05: Cosmic Carange - Talmac's Stage
- 06: Yuu Yuu Hakusho: Makyou Toitsusen - Devilish Forest BGM
- 07: Shura no Mon - Battle Theme 2
- 08: Cosmic Carnage - Deamon's Stage
- 09: Hybrid Front - Earth Rebellion Fight BGM 2
- 0A: Cosmic Carnage - Yug's Stage
- 0B: Yu Yu Hakusho: Gaiden - BGM 5
- 0C: Columns III - Scene of Carnage
- 0D: Virtua Racing Deluxe - Time Extend 3
- 0E: Virtua Racing Deluxe - Records
- 0F: Virtua Racing Deluxe - Pit-Out
- 10: Cosmic Carnage - Tyr Fully Armored
- 11: Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower Stage Select
- 12: Knuckles Chaotix - Tachy Touch
- 13: Hybrid Front - Tactics Preparation
- 14: Dangerous Seed - Stage 7 Boss Twin Claw
- 15: Virtua Racing Deluxe - Big Forest
- 16: Metal Head - Medallion
- 17: Virtua Racing Deluxe - Laps 4
- 18: Cosmic Carange - Game Over
- 19: Virtua Racing Deluxe - Pit-In
- 1B: Viewpoint - Un Caillou Ricochet
- 1C: Sonic 3D Blast - Staff Roll
- 1E: Sonic 3D Blast - Act Clear
- KCEXE - Music and SFX ports from various Genesis/Megadrive games
- Eduardo Knuckles - Music for Magma Factory
- Clownacy - Sonic 2 Clone Driver v2
- Dark Sonic - Hardware Testing for v1.1
|Download Metal Sonic Rebooted
File: Metal_Sonic_Rebooted.zip (795 kB) (info)
Current version: 1.2