Amy Rose in Sonic the Hedgehog
From Sonic Retro
(Redirected from Amy in Sonic 1)
| Amy Rose|
in Sonic the Hedgehog
|Last release: April 2015|
|System: Sega Mega Drive|
|Original game: Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit)|
| Credits: E-122-Psi|
Additional programming and coding by:
MarkeyJester, Aquaslash, Selbi, and many others
Amy Rose in Sonic the Hedgehog (aka Amy in Sonic 1) is a character swap hack of the game Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Mega Drive, with character Amy Rose as playable character in place of Sonic the Hedgehog. The games' sprites (modified from Sonic CD) use Amy's initial design prior to Sonic Adventure.
The game was modified by Sonic Retro member E-122-Psi, with additional programming and coding by other members including MarkeyJester, Aquaslash, Selbi and Hayate. Amy Rose in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic 3 and Amy Rose are sequels to this hack.
This character hack is the most complete, with special moves and fully playable game.
Amy's abilities mirror those she utilized in Sonic Advance. She is slower than Sonic and can't use spin attacks, however has a number of abilities (mostly using her Piko Piko Hammer) to gain manueverability and access areas Sonic had difficulty reaching:
- Hammer Attack: Press and Amy swings her hammer, damaging enemies. In addition, Amy can use her hammer to smash obstacles such as walls and hit springs.
- Hammer Jump: Press + on the ground and Amy smashes the hammer into the ground, launching her into the air.
- Hammer Whirl: Press + in the air and Amy swirls down toward the ground. If an enemy is hit Amy will bounce up again.
- Upward Dash: Hold + / while on the ground and Amy will rev her feet on the spot as opposed to a spin dash. Let go of to charge full throttle in the facing direction. Be careful though, Amy is vulnerable to blockading obstacles and enemies.
- Giant Steps: Press + / while on the ground and Amy will take a giant step forward as opposed to a spin dash. This can be repeated so long as there is room. This move is good for getting up steep slopes; she can even get up slopes the others can't spin dash up!
|Download Amy Rose in Sonic the Hedgehog
File: Amy_Rose_In_Sonic_The_Hedgehog_Rev_2.1.bin (1 MB) (info)
Current version: 2.1
- Amy Rose In Sonic 1, v2.0 (info) (1 MB) (1MB)
- Amy Rose In Sonic 1, v1.9 (info) (1 MB) (1MB)
- Amy Rose In Sonic 1, v1.8 (info) (393 kB) (392KB)
- Amy Rose In Sonic 1, v1.7 (info) (392 kB) (392KB)
- Amy Rose In Sonic 1, v1.6 (info) (392 kB) (393KB)