Sonic Display Editor
From Sonic Retro
|This short article is in need of work. You can help Sonic Retro by.|
This page describes an obsolete hacking tool that should not be used for new hacks/projects or with new disassemblies/tools.
This page (and associated files) is being kept for historical purposes only, as it documents and archives the history of the Sonic scene.
|Sonic Display Editor|
|Category: Graphics editor|
|Version: 0.70 beta|
Sonic Display Editor is a program made by Saxman which allows you to edit the positioning of the HUD sprites on the screen. It works with Sonic 1 (both revisions) and Sonic 2 (revision 01 only). The program was written in x86 assembly and runs in DOS.
The program is actually a merge of two separate programs: Sonic 1 Display Editor, and Sonic 2 Display Editor. The last released version was 0.70 beta.
There was a 0.80 beta build that fixed all the graphical bugs seen in previous releases, added support for Sonic 2 revision 00, and added a debugger feature to show data for each object. This version was e-mailed to OrdosAlpha to be released on SSRG, but the website was never updated. This build was eventually lost to a hard drive crash.
- Sonic 2 Display Editor v0.01 beta (11/17/2001)
- Sonic 2 Display Editor v0.10 beta (11/18/2001)
- Sonic 2 Display Editor v0.20 beta (11/19/2001)
- Sonic 2 Display Editor v0.30 beta (11/21/2001)
- Sonic 2 Display Editor v0.40 beta (11/23/2001)
- Sonic 2 Display Editor v0.41 beta (11/30/2001)
- Sonic 2 Display Editor v0.50 beta (12/28/2001)
- Sonic 2 Display Editor v0.60 beta (12/31/2001)
- Sonic 2 Display Editor v0.61 beta (01/07/2002)
- Sonic 2 Display Editor v0.62 beta (01/22/2002)
- Sonic 1 Display Editor v0.62 beta (05/26/2002)
- Sonic 1 Display Editor v0.63 beta (05/27/2002)
- Sonic Display Editor v0.70 beta (01/03/2003)
Download Sonic Display Editor