| Fast Facts on Sonic 1 Remastered (hack)
Last Release: After 07/14/07
System: Sega Mega Drive/Genesis
Original Game: Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit)
Sonic 1 Remastered is a hack of Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit) for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis by Puto. Unlike most other hacks, the officially released version 1.1 isn't a level art/palette/layout hack as much as an "additional features" hack done in ASM. One of the major additions to the game is added with the choice of using Sonic or Tails throughout the game (selecting a character is done at the title screen). There also exists a version 2 hack which was leaked without Puto's permission, although he later gave permission to upload it onto the wiki.
- Multiple characters.
- Speed limit removed (unconfirmed).
- Zone title/results font uses art from the credits font.
- Some art from Sonic 3, such as the Sonic and Tails sprites, rocks, starposts, monitors etc.
- Spike damage behavior changed to that of Sonic 2.
- Abilities gained as the Chaos Emeralds are collected (untested).
- Timer ends after defeating a boss rather than opening an Egg prison.
- Super Sonic/Tails added (untested).
- The ability to carry leftover rings into the next act.
- Rebound after running into a wall at high speed.
- New and remixed music.
- Multiple characters (Knuckles also playable).
- Super Sonic/Tails/Knuckles added.
- New zone title/results font based on the Sonic 3 title/results font.
- The ability to save your progress to SRAM (in Kega Fusion disable SRAM).
- Transitions between different zones.
- Elemental Shields from Sonic 3 & Knuckles and the Insta-Shield.
- An options screen with character/shield/sprite style selection, soundtrack switching, enabling/disabling auto-rolling, the option to retain rings between acts, and a sound test.
- Altered level layouts.
- Altered palettes.
- To play the game in Kega Fusion, SRAM must be disabled.