Sonic 1 Remastered (hack)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic 1 Remastered (hack)|
|Last release: After 07/14/07|
|System: Sega Mega Drive|
|Original game: Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit)|
Sonic 1 Remastered is a hack of Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit) for the Sega Mega Drive by Puto. Unlike most other hacks, the officially released version 1.1 isn't a level art/palette/layout hack as much as an "additional features" hack done in ASM. One of the major additions to the game is added with the choice of using Sonic or Tails throughout the game (selecting a character is done at the title screen). There also exists a version 2 hack which was leaked without Puto's permission, although he later gave permission to upload it onto the wiki.
- Multiple characters.
- Speed limit removed (unconfirmed).
- Zone title/results font uses art from the credits font.
- Some art from Sonic 3, such as the Sonic and Tails sprites, rocks, starposts, monitors etc.
- Spike damage behavior changed to that of Sonic 2.
- Abilities gained as the Chaos Emeralds are collected (untested).
- Timer ends after defeating a boss rather than opening an Egg prison.
- Super Sonic/Tails added (untested).
- The ability to carry leftover rings into the next act.
- Rebound after running into a wall at high speed.
- New and remixed music.
- Multiple characters (Knuckles also playable).
- Super Sonic/Tails/Knuckles added.
- New zone title/results font based on the Sonic 3 title/results font.
- The ability to save your progress to SRAM (in Kega Fusion disable SRAM).
- Transitions between different zones.
- Elemental Shields from Sonic 3 & Knuckles and the Insta-Shield.
- An options screen with character/shield/sprite style selection, soundtrack switching, enabling/disabling auto-rolling, the option to retain rings between acts, and a sound test.
- Altered level layouts.
- Altered palettes.
- To play the game in Kega Fusion, SRAM must be disabled. (It can be enabled but if you press buttons too much, even START, the Puto Presents screen will be forced and it will unlock the alternate sound schemes that affect the title screen music and the act end screen music, the latter being from soniNeko)
|Download Sonic 1 Remastered (hack)
File: Sonic 1 Remastered v.2.zip (919 kB) (info)
Current version: 2
- Sonic 1 Remastered v1.1 (info) (745 kB) (745KB, released 7/14/07)
- Sonic 1 Remastered v1.0 (info) (744 kB) (744KB, released 6/27/07)
- Sonic 1 Remastered v0.1 (info) (418 kB) (415KB, released 001/12/07)
- First Public Release (info) (383 kB) (380KB, released 12/11/06)
- Sonic 1 Remastered release thread at Sonic Retro
- Preview footage on YouTube
- Popoman100 Playthrough of the game on YouTube