From Sonic Retro
This page describes an obsolete hacking tool that should not be used for new hacks/projects or with new disassemblies/tools.
This page (and associated files) is being kept for historical purposes only, as it documents and archives the history of the Sonic scene.
|System: Microsoft Windows|
|Supported Games: Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2|
SETedit is a utility for editing object layouts in the PC version of Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut. It was written by MainMemory in Visual Basic .NET. It requires the .NET Framework 3.5 to run, and starting with v4.0, also needs the DirectX Runtimes.
As of December 7, 2009, SETedit has been absorbed into SADXLVL, making this program mostly obsolete.
SETedit can be used for the versions of Sonic Adventure which SADXLVL does not support, and for Sonic Adventure 2.
- Uses INI files for customizable object names and misc properties. Objects without misc property settings will display "Unknown/Unused".
- New BAMS formula using 65536/360 instead of 182 (more accurate).
- Get Position: Grabs your current position from a running copy of SADX.
- Get Properties: Grabs your current position from a running copy of SADX and pastes it in the property fields. Use for Rockets and Dash Hoops.
- Load Level: Forces the game to load the level being edited. You must be in a level for this to work.
- Teleport to this object: Takes the current object's position and moves you there with a customizable x, y, and z offset.
Preview Window (pre-v4.0)
- Press Up or Down in the camera boxes to change the value by 1.
- Press Pageup or Pagedown in the camera boxes to change the value by 100 (1 screen).
- View box allows you to choose a top-down view or one of two side views.
- Clip Distance: objects farther away from the camera than this won't be drawn.
- Refocus: Moves the camera to the currently selected object. Automatically happens when switching objects.
- The currently selected object will have a yellow box around it.
- Some objects have images that display in their place. These are: Ring, Spring, Spikes, Checkpoint, Item Box, Capsule.
- The Rocket, Dash Hoop and Falling Spikeball will show their path with a green line.
v4.0 uses the same controls as SADXLVL.
- New images for Switch, Balloon and Rotatable Spring.
- Better filename handling.
- Can now display full Act titles, instead of numbers.
- Has a "Global Objects" list, for easier updating of objects appearing in multiple levels.
- Updated level files.
- New Remove button.
- New Copy button, which adds a copy of the current object to the end of the list.
- New Clear button to remove all objects from the level.
- Up/Down and PageUp/PageDown work on all text boxes.
- Debug Mode checkbox for less dying when you teleport to an object.
- Updated level files, including debug lists from the preview build.
- New about box.
- Yes, he's making these version numbers up as he goes.
- New "Sonic Retro Utilities" splash screen. You can disable it in the About box. Credit to Cinossu for the original screen.
- Sonic Retro link in About box.
- Now uses Direct3D for the preview.
- Removed Sonic Retro Splash Screen.
- Updated object lists, thanks to igorseabra4.
File: SETedit 4.0.zip (192 kB) (info)
Current version: 4.0