From Sonic Retro
Revision as of 16:41, 16 July 2019 by LilShootDawg
Stealth is one of the founding members of the Sonic scene. He is noted for creating multiple utilities, such as the SonED series of hacking tools, and he is also responsible for making one of the first Sonic games made in C++, Project Mettrix. He was one of the first people whose sites, the now-defunct Organized Chaos, were on the SSRG.
In his later years in the scene, Stealth became famous for being the first coder to ever fully implement Knuckles in Sonic 1 with Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog. In addition, he has contributed untold amounts towards Sonic Megamix, being one of the founding members of Team Megamix.
He has since founded and currently operates the business Headcannon.
Throughout his time in the scene, Stealth has developed many different pet projects of his own design. They include the following:
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Project Mettrix
- Headcannon Game Engine/HCGE (formerly Engine02/E02)
- SonED and SonED2
- StealthPatch (IPS patcher)
- The first completed disassembly of Sonic 1 ( Topic at X-CulT)
- A partial disassembly of Sonic Crackers ( Topic at X-CulT)
- Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic for MegaCD
- Organized Chaos (old developer title and website)
- Headcannon (current business and website)
- Sonic Megamix (project lead/coding/design)
- The first completed disassembly of Sonic & Knuckles (Topic at Sonic Retro)
- Sonic Robo Blast 2 (second version; Doom Legacy version)
- Sonic CD+
- Sonic the Hedgehog GBA
- Sonic DS (fan game)
- Sonic CD DS
Throughout the years, Stealth has also taken on important or otherwise respectable roles in the Sonic scene.
- Founder of Headcannon, formerly Organized Chaos
- Co-founder of the original SSRG.
- Administrator of Area 51.
- Tech Member/Former Moderator of The Sonic 2 Beta Page/Sonic Retro.
- CulT Family at Sonic CulT.
|Main article: Headcannon|
In November of 2012, Stealth founded the business "Headcannon" in preparation for working with The Taxman to develop ports of Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 to Android and iOS. A corresponding website was launched on March 9th of 2013, 18 days before Sonic 1 was revealed at the March 27th-29th GDC Expo, to establish presence in anticipation of the upcoming titles. Each was subsequently given a section on the site upon its release. Stealth continues to operate under the Headcannon name for current and future projects.
Projects developed under the Headcannon name include:
- Headcannon Game Engine - A script-based multi-platform 2D game engine with corresponding development tools
Projects co-developed under the Headcannon name include:
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2013 game) - a Retro Engine remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for Android and iOS with extra features, developed in conjunction with Christian Whitehead
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2013) - another Retro Engine remake of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for Android and iOS with extra features, developed in conjunction with Christian Whitehead
- Sonic Mania - a new Sonic entry inspired by the Genesis Sonic titles for the PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC, developed in conjunction with Christian Whitehead and PadogaWest Games
Prior to official development of the 2011 re-release of Sonic CD, Stealth had assisted The Taxman in creating a pitch demo of the game by providing information gained and pseudo-code developed from reverse-engineering certain early gameplay elements such as the EGG-HVC-001 Palmtree Panic boss and the Special Stage. However, this was done before the Headcannon name was established, and once the project was officially begun, Stealth would not develop for the series again until Sonic 1. Nevertheless, he received "Special Thanks" credit and, as in the other entries in the series, his personal credit is listed by his legal name, Simon Thomley.
The Headcannon website also has a sub-section titled "Headcanon", which contains fan and otherwise non-professional projects developed in-whole or in-part by Stealth.