Sonic the Hedgehog: Bad Guys 3
From Sonic Retro
Revision as of 12:42, 27 September 2023 by BSonirachi (Text replacement - "<\/gallery> ==External links== \*(.*) on IDW: \[(.*) US\]" to "</gallery>")
| Sonic the Hedgehog: Bad Guys #3|
|← Previous issue | Next issue →|
Who can you trust in a group of bad guys? Zavok and Mimic find out the hard way in "Trust Issues," and are... less than happy. Meanwhile, Starline is struggling to maintain control of the rowdy group of villains.
Mimic disguises himself as Dr. Starline so he can get access to his video files through using his voice. He learns that Starline plans to invade an EggNet hub so he can erase Egg Base Sigma from Eggman's databases and force the Badniks to obey him. Then he'll use Eggman's robots to destroy Zavok and the others. The big red guy then spoke which alerted Mimic that he was behind him. The two of them then discuss how they realized Starline was lying to them and how they need to get rid of him. Zavok plans to use Starline to hack into Eggman's computer, then end him when he's no longer useful.
The next day, the team rides in Starline's truck to the EggNet hub so they can take over it. Once there, Starline also gives them all their own personalized core gear to make things easier. They quickly take out all the robot guards and find the computer room. Once he gets on the computer, Starline changes the coordinates of the security alert in an attempt to throw Dr. Eggman off his tail. At Eggman's HQ, the doctor gets ready to carpet-bomb the EggNet hub. Orbot tells him before he takes off that an update says that Sonic the Hedgehog is ransacking a depot twenty miles north of the hub. Eggman knows this couldn't be a glitch so he decides to destroy both locations and dig through the ashes later. Eggman then climbs abord the Egg Hawk and takes off.
Once Starline says they are in the clear, Mimic pulls his knife out to take control of the situation with Zavok. Mimic then forces Starline to erase him from Eggman's database so he can be a free man. Zavok then tells Starline to assign the command of all Badniks in range to him. He declares this the first slice he will carve off of Eggman's territory for himself. Once that's done, Zavok states that Starline has outlived his usefulness.
- Story so far: A brief recap of events that have happened in previous issues, reprinting relevant panels.
- A quick reference guide to new readers about the characters, providing data files on Dr. Starline, Zavok, Mimic, Rough and Tumble.
- Raw artwork of each of this issue's variant covers.
- Sonic Letters Squad: Reader letters and artwork, with replies from the comic staff.
- Free Digital Ashcan: Sonic the Hedgehog Annual 2019
- Story: Ian Flynn
- Art: Jack Lawrence (p1-5, 15-16) & Aaron Hammerstrom (p6-14, 17-20)
- Additional Inks: Bracardi Curry (p8-14, 17)
- Colors: Leonardo Ito
- Letters: Shawn Lee
- Assistant Editor: Riley Farmer
- Editor: David Mariotte
- Special thanks to: Mai Kiyotaki, Michael Cisneros, Sandra Jo, Sonic Team, and everyone at Sega for their invaluable assistance
- https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP200495 (Wayback Machine: 2021-01-23 18:16)