Sally Acorn in Sonic the Hedgehog 2
From Sonic Retro
Revision as of 14:44, 10 October 2019 by Black Squirrel (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "date=October ([0-9][0-9]), ([0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9])" to "date=$2-10-$1")
| Sally Acorn|
in Sonic the Hedgehog 2
|Last release: 2015-10-19|
|System: Sega Mega Drive|
|Original game: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)|
| Credits: E-122-Psi|
Additional programming and coding by:
MainMemory, qiuu, snkenjoi, and many others
Sally Acorn in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (aka Sally in Sonic 2) is a fan-made ROM of the game Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Mega Drive, with Princess Sally Acorn as a playable character in place of Sonic the Hedgehog
The game was modified by Sonic Retro member E-122-Psi, with additional programming and coding by other members including MainMemory, Qiuu and Snkenjoi.
Sally is slower than Sonic and can't use spin attacks; however, she has a number of stealth and agility-based abilities to compensate and access areas Sonic had difficulty reaching, as well as the use of handheld device NICOLE:
- NICOLE Laser Attack: Press and Sally uses NICOLE to fire a small projectile which hits nearby enemies and obstacles.
- NICOLE Scan Mode: Press and NICOLE will send a data wave to reprogram monitors and other Eggman traps.
- NICOLE Downward Laser: Press + / while airborne to fire at objects straight below. Sally also gets a small vertical boost.
- Slide: Press while running to slide on the ground for a short distance. Sally can also slide under certain obstacles using this method.
- Somersault Dash: Press + while sliding on the ground and Sally will somersault forward at a high speed. This is useful for jumping long distances.
- Upward Dash: Hold + while on the ground and Sally will rev her feet on the spot as opposed to a spin dash. Let go of to charge full throttle in the facing direction. Be careful though, Sally is vulnerable to blockading obstacles and enemies.
Sally gains a few stipulations akin to Knuckles in Sonic 2, for example, the ring quota in Special Stages are depleted and she retains her ring count after losing lives or entering starposts. 2 Player options (also with Sally replacing Sonic) and the ability to play as Tails remain from the original game however.
On the level select Sound Test, play tunes 03, 03, 03, 0B, 10, 10, 10 and 04 in order to play a hidden bonus.
|Download Sally Acorn in Sonic the Hedgehog 2
File: Sally Acorn In Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Rev 1.6.bin (2 MB) (info)
Current version: 1.6
- Revision 1.5 (info) (2 MB)
- Revision 1.4 (info) (776 kB)
- Revision 1.3 (info) (735 kB)
- Revision 1.2 (info) (735 kB)