Running Out of Time
From Sonic Retro
| Sonic X episode #50|
"Running Out of Time"
|Written by: Chinatsu Houjou|
|Directed by: Masami Furukawa|
|Production no.: 050|
|Original airdate: 2004-03-14|
The morning after parting is the 50th episode in the first season of Sonic X. In the English dub, it is known as Running Out of Time.
The episode begins with Amy watching her apartment empty out. The next day, the president announces on TV that Sonic, his friends, and their population should back to their world, because the arrival in masses of the population from Sonic's world is causing the time freeze. The two populations must be separated again, as the two planets cannot coexist in the same dimension.
The GUN commander, in an attempt to attack the president, attack Eggman, but Sonic arrives and fights back, soon after the commander is arrested. Before leaving, Eggman throws Sonic a small piece to give to Tails and Chuck to complete the portal.
Chris and his family accompany Sonic and his friends to the portal, with Chris remembering what he and Sonic said to each other the night before, asking him if he wanted to return to his world. Sonic replies to him that he not really want to come back to his world because not matter where it is, he's never going to change. They arrive, open the portal and Eggman crosses it, but it closes before all of their world's inhabitants can get through. However, an explosion from the Eclipse Cannon starts it up again.
One by one, all of them greet their human friends while both expressing their sorrow over the departure. The Thorndyke family, and Chris's friends, try to be strong for Sonic's departure, but Chris has an inner conflict about the situation. Chuck warns them to hurry up because the portal would not last much longer, after which he greets Tails reciprocates the feelings of friendship and tears. Having an inner conflict in the meantime, Chris, with a broken heart, greets all his best friends, remaining silent for a moment since Sonic is the last to leave.
Chris and Sonic shake hands, but both barely manage to say anything, with Sonic looking at him in silence, he smiles at him and they both exchange the okay sign before turning to go through the portal, but Chris distraught with suffering, and to everyone's surprise, closes the portal.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|Portuguese||Corrida Contra o Tempo||Race Against Time|
- In the original version is possible see Shadow and Maria holding hand meanwhile they put down the lever of the Eclipse Cannon.
- This scene there isn't in the English version.
- In the English version the episode begins directly with the speech of the president on TV.
- In the original version, the episode begins with Amy returning to her apartment and clearing it out.
- In the English version Cream, after receiving the flower garland, when asked by Chris' friends if they liked it, replies that they don't know how much she loves them.
- In the original version Cream replies that they will be friends forever.
- In the original version, during the episode, Chris' inner conflict is deeper and more pronounced.
- In the English version, the inner conflict does not have that deep and marked tone.