Difference between revisions of "Cheat Codes:Sonic & Knuckles"
From Sonic Retro
|Line 176:||Line 176:|
|Jump a little lower.
|Jump a little lower .
Revision as of 23:36, 30 August 2014
- 1 Cheat Codes
- 2 Game Enhancer Codes
- 3 Resources
These are cheat codes which can be accessed by inputting button sequences or by various other methods.
Cheat Codes, Sonic & Knuckles Alone
- Zone Select: While in Mushroom Hill Zone, jump on to one of the hanging platforms, then press . A chime will sound. Press , then to return to the title screen. Select a character and press +. Keep in mind that Sonic 3 levels are not available and that your character isn't able to go to levels it doesn't normally go to in the run of the game (with the exception of Knuckles being able to go into Death Egg Zone via acts 1 or 2; his normal game ends with Sky Sanctuary Zone).
- Debug mode: Contrary to popular belief, there IS a debug mode available for this game. However, you need the Sonic 3 cartridge or ROM to do this. Simply start up Sonic 3 & Knuckles, unlock the level select and debug mode codes for that game and then highlight any level in the Sound Test, hold , press , and release when Sonic appears. Turn into a monitor, and paste a lot of monitors until you see things start to disappear. Then revert back to Sonic, and Spin Dash into the monitors. The game will crash, and be buggy, if you're lucky. Press , and then press if necessary. If you are lucky, the game will redirect to the Sonic & Knuckles title screen. Choose any character, hold then press . You will be in the level select screen. Highlight any level, hold , then press . Note that if you choose any level before Mushroom Hill Zone, you will go into Mushroom Hill Zone instead.
- Note: After getting into Sonic and Knuckles debug mode, do the same thing with the monitors. If the game crashes, you will be in Sonic 3, but the S3K level select will show up. if you choose a non S3 level, it will put you in angel island. You also play as knuckles, but it will be glitchy. Repeat the monitor trick, and you will be back in S3K. You can cycle through the 3 games this way.
Cheat Codes, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Locked-on
- Zone Select: While in Angel Island Zone, jump on to one of the hanging platforms, then press . You will hear a chime. Press , then to return to the title screen. A new option, "Sound Test", will appear below "Competition". Select that option to go to the Level Select screen.
- Debug mode: Enter the Level Select screen, then enter Mushroom Hill Zone. Grab onto a hanging platform and press . You will hear a chime. Press + to return to the title screen. Enter the Level Select, then select a level and press + to start the level with Debug Mode.
- Press to reverse gravity when in normal mode.
- Press + to cycle through all mapping frames of the character when in normal mode.
- Press to toggle normal and debug mode.
- Current coordinates are designated by the top line of hex digits in the HUD.
- Viewport coordinates are designated by the bottom line of hex digits in the HUD.
- During pause press to fade to black and restart from the SEGA screen.
- During pause press and hold to enable slow-motion (this proceeds at half-speed for as long as the button is held down).
- During pause press to advance one frame.
Game Enhancer Codes
These are cheat codes that can only be used with game enhancer devices. Support for these codes is available in most emulators.
Official Codes, Sonic & Knuckles Alone
|Code||Description||Works in S&K||Works in S3K|
|AFKT-AAG0||Start with 1 life.||Yes||No|
|AKKT-AAG0||Start with 2 lives.||Yes||No|
|AVKT-AAG0||Start with 4 lives.||Yes||No|
|AZKT-AAG0||Start with 5 lives.||Yes||No|
|A7KT-AAG0||Start with 7 lives.||Yes||No|
|BFKT-AAG0||Start with 9 lives.||Yes||No|
|DFKT-AAG0||Start with 25 lives.||Yes||No|
|GKKT-AAG0||Start with 50 lives.||Yes||No|
|NPKT-AAG0||Start with 99 lives.||Yes||No|
Official Codes, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Locked-on
|Code||Description||Works in S&K||Works in S3K|
|AWXT-CA4C||Don't lose rings when hit.||Yes||Yes|
|96BA-CAG6 + 98MA-CAF0||Keep elemental shields when hit.||Yes||Yes|
|AKVT-AA76 + AMNA-EA24||Keep rings between levels.||Yes||Yes|
|RHJA-E60L||Bonus round always activated after every checkpoint.||Yes||Yes|
|RGSA-A6YY||Only 1 blue sphere needed to get a chaos emerald.||Yes||Yes|
|ALNA-AACR||Rings worth 2 in special stage.||Yes||Yes|
|ARNA-AACR||Rings worth 3 in special stage.||Yes||Yes|
|AWNA-AACR||Rings worth 4 in special stage.||Yes||Yes|
|A0NA-AACR||Rings worth 5 in special stage.||Yes||Yes|
|BLNA-AACR||Rings worth 10 in special stage.||Yes||Yes|
|NTPT-CA50||Rings aren't used up as Super (or Hyper) Sonic/Knuckles.||Yes||Yes|
|RENT-C6YA||Can always double jump (can't use water shield or become Super Sonic).||Yes||Yes|
|RENT-C6V6||Can always use Fireball Spin Dash (can't double jump, bounce, or become Super Sonic).||Yes||Yes|
|AANA-CNA0||Jump a little lower (same height as Knuckles jump).||Yes||Yes|
|4ANA-CRA0||Jump a little higher.||Yes||Yes|
|2ANA-CWA0||Jump a lot higher.||Yes||Yes|
|AANA-C4A0||Jump really high.||Yes||Yes|
|AANA-DYA0||Jump ridiculously high.||Yes||Yes|
|A2NT-CAG6||Only 6 chaos emeralds needed to become Super Sonic.||Yes||Yes|
|AYNT-CAG6||Only 5 chaos emeralds needed to become Super Sonic.||Yes||Yes|
|ATNT-CAG6||Only 4 chaos emeralds needed to become Super Sonic.||Yes||Yes|
|ANNT-CAG6||Only 3 chaos emeralds needed to become Super Sonic.||Yes||Yes|
|AJNT-CAG6||Only 2 chaos emeralds needed to become Super Sonic.||Yes||Yes|
|AENT-CAG6||Only 1 chaos emerald needed to become Super Sonic.||Yes||Yes|
|AANT-CAG6||Become Super Sonic without any chaos emeralds.||Yes||Yes|
|NTNT-CAHL||100 rings needed to become Super Sonic instead of 50.||Yes||Yes|
|FANT-CAHL||40 rings needed to become Super Sonic.||Yes||Yes|
|DENT-CAHL||25 rings needed to become Super Sonic.||Yes||Yes|
|BJNT-CAHL||10 rings needed to become Super Sonic.||Yes||Yes|
|AENT-CAHL||1 ring needed to become Super Sonic.||Yes||Yes|
|AANT-CAGY + AAPA-CAB8||Become Hyper Sonic without any emeralds.||Yes||Yes|
|TB5T-CNCR||Jumps as high as Sonic (slightly higher than usual).||Yes||Yes|
|A36A-CACW||Only 6 chaos emeralds needed to become Super Knuckles.||Yes||Yes|
|AZ6A-CACW||Only 5 chaos emeralds needed to become Super Knuckles.||Yes||Yes|
|AV6A-CACW||Only 4 chaos emeralds needed to become Super Knuckles.||Yes||Yes|
|AP6A-CACW||Only 3 chaos emeralds needed to become Super Knuckles.||Yes||Yes|
|AK6A-CACW||Only 2 chaos emeralds needed to become Super Knuckles.||Yes||Yes|
|AF6A-CACW||Only 1 chaos emerald needed to become Super Knuckles.||Yes||Yes|
|AB6A-CACW||Become Super Knuckles without any chaos emeralds.||Yes||Yes|
|NV6A-CADA||100 rings needed to become Super Knuckles instead of 50.||Yes||Yes|
|FB6A-CADA||40 rings needed to become Super Knuckles.||Yes||Yes|
|DF6A-CADA||25 rings needed to become Super Knuckles.||Yes||Yes|
|BK6A-CADA||10 rings needed to become Super Knuckles.||Yes||Yes|
|AF6A-CADA||1 ring needed to become Super Knuckles.||Yes||Yes|
|AB6A-CACL + AB6A-CAHR||Become Hyper Knuckles without any emeralds.||Yes||Yes|
Pro Action Replay
|Code||Description||Works in Gens|
|009760:6048||Red Spheres have no effect in special stages||Yes|
|0097AE:6672 + 0097C8:4E75||Collision disabled for bumpers in special stage||Yes|
|FFFE12:0063||Always have 99 lives||No|
|FFFE21:0063||Always have 99 rings||No|
|FFB038:00xx||Have character ID of (00=Sonic, 01=Tails, 02=Knuckles) (controls things like wall-breaking and character-specific boss fights).||No|
|FFFF0B:00xx||Character modifier (00=Sonic & Tails, 01=Sonic, 02=Tails, 03=Knuckles, 04=Blue Knuckles).||No|
|FFFFE0:0101||Level select and slow motion enabled.||Yes|
|00380A:???? + FFF65F:0004||Sonic Color modifier(found by tailsisdumb make sure to replace the ???? with any 4-digit number)||Yes|
|00381E:0006||Tails is affected by above code(found by tailsisdumb make sure above code is enabled)||Yes|
|FFFFDA:0001||Debug mode always enabled (without holding A during level load)||No|
|FFE439:0001||Only one blue sphere required to get the emerald (turn off as soon as special stage HUD appears or else special stage results screen won't register emerald)||No|
|FFFFB0:0007||Have 7 Chaos Emeralds.||No|
|FFFFB0:0707||Have 7 Chaos and Super Emeralds.||Yes|
|FFFFB2:0?0? + FFFFB4:0?0? + FFFFB6:0?0? + FFFFB8:0?0?||Emeralds in SRAM modifier. Replace ? with 0 = No Emeralds, 1 = All Chaos Emeralds, 2 = Hidden Palace Emeralds, 3 = Hyper Emeralds. Verified to work in Sonic 3 & Knuckles only.|
|006B68:0A94||Play as red Sonic (choosing to play as Knuckles produces Sonic with Knuckles' palette)
~courtesy of ShanMan
|FFFE10:XXYY||Stage/Act Modifier. X=Level; Y=Act. Set Y to 00 for Act 1, and to 01 for Act 2.
- GameFAQs - Regular cheat codes.
- The GSHI - Official Game Enhancer codes separated from User made codes.