South Island Adventure
From Sonic Retro
|South Island Adventure|
|Last release: May 2004|
|System: Sega Mega Drive|
|Original game: Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit)|
| Credits: Hivebrain (Game Plan, Design)|
ICEknight (Enemy Design)
drx (Spike Bugfix)
An earlier version of South Island Adventure, which has been listed in GoodGen, is a relatively simple palette and graphics hack in which you play as Super Sonic.
- South Island Zone: Palette and layout edit of Green Hill Zone.
- Indigo City Zone: Palette edit of Marble Zone.
- Aqua Lake Zone: Palette and tile edit of Labyrinth Zone, meant to resemble Aqua Lake Zone from the 8-bit version of Sonic 2.
- Winter Hill Zone: Palette and layout edit of Green Hill Zone, with the background from Labyrinth Zone.
- Celestial Zone: Palette edit of Star Light Zone.
- Eggmanland Zone: Based on tiles from Metallic Madness Zone in Sonic CD. This was the first time level tiles had been successfully ported from Sonic CD to another game.
|Download South Island Adventure
File: South Island Adventure v0.3.zip (400 kB) (info)
Current version: 0.3
- Thread on Sonic Retro