Sonic Blast (Game Gear prototype 806)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic Blast (GG Prototype 806)|
|Prerelease of: Sonic Blast|
|System: Sega Game Gear|
|Build date: August 6th, 1996|
|ROM size: 1MB|
|Source: CD-R disc|
|Found by: drx|
|Download Sonic Blast (Game Gear prototype 806)
File: Sonic_Blast_(Prototype_806_-_Aug_06,_1996,_18.37).rar (308 kB) (info)
- Game instantly goes into level select is available from the beginning, anything past Blue marine 2 crashes the game instantly.
- There is no title screen.
- The character select screen is text based and doesn't have character sprites.
- There are no level intro and end title cards.
- A Debug Mode is activated. Holding 2 will freeze character and allow the player to move him freely with the D-Pad.
- Red Volcano Zone is named Red Volcanic Zone.
- The song used for the ending scene in the final version is longer in this prototype.
Sonic Retro discussion thread