Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (prototype 825)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (beta 825)|
|Prerelease of: Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island|
|System: Sega Mega Drive|
|Build date: 1996-08-25|
|ROM size: 4 MB|
|Source: CD-R disc|
|Found by: drx|
Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island beta 825 is a prototype build of Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island for the Sega Mega Drive. It was released by drx during the February 23rd, 2008 proto release. This is one of only two prototypes to feature the fan dubbed "Down Syndrome Sonic". The other prototype to feature him is the Saturn Tech Demo.
|Main article: Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (prototype 825)/Comparisons|
| This article needs cleanup.|
This article needs to be edited to conform to a higher standard of article quality. Specifically, issues with this article are:
This section needs moving to the comparisons page(s)
After the article has been cleaned up, you may remove this message. See How to Edit a Page for help.
- This is the first proto to use the final version's "Sega" scream during the intro.
- The Opening CG is shown in this proto, but without music. This is the first proto to use it. (The Intro video when starting the game is active also).
- Level Select is still activated automatically when starting a game.
- The title screen still refers to E3 demo.
- Pressing + will skip levels.
- The options menu is finally activated in this proto, which shows a different Sonic from the final.
- Final fight is called "The final boss."
- When the final boss is defeated, the game displays the message "GAME COMPLETED WITH ALL CHAOS EMERALDS SEQUENCE WILL GO HERE". It shows this no matter how many Emeralds are actually obtained.
- One of the unused tunes that was in the first beta released by drx was developed further in this version. It can even be listened to in the sound test (as track 12). This tune was eventually used as a boss track in Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I.
- A score tally is shown when completing a level.
- Sonic's eyeballs in the main menu look a little cross-eyed and has been dubbed "Down Syndrome Sonic". According to Jon Burton, the founder of Traveller's Tales, this was a correct render of Sonic, but the angle made him look weird.
|Download Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (prototype 825)
File: Sonic_3D_Blast_(Prototype_825_-_Aug_26,_1996,_15.46).rar (2.38 MB) (info)
|Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island|