Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (beta 73)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (beta 73)|
|Developer: Traveller's Tales|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|ROM size: 2 MB|
Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island "beta 73" is a prototype of Sonic 3D for the Sega Mega Drive. With a build date of 3 July, 1996, it is currently the earliest prototype of the game to be dumped and preserved.
The beta 73 build is relatively early, but largely resembles the final game. Three stages are present; Green Grove Zone, Gene Gadget Zone (which is the second stage in this prototype, and lacks a boss) and Rusty Ruin Zone (which has acts 1 and 2 flipped). Completing all three stages leads to a "To be continued" screen, after which the game resets.
The music for Green Grove Zone act 1 plays on every stage, save for the bosses which use the tune from Final Fight. There are no Special Stages, and much of the polish is missing, such as title cards and ending screens.
|Main article: Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (beta 73)/Comparisons|
| This article needs cleanup.|
This article needs to be edited to conform to a higher standard of article quality. Specifically, issues with this article are:
This section needs moving to the comparisons page(s)
After the article has been cleaned up, you may remove this message. See How to Edit a Page for help.
- There is also a spiked ball near the first giant ring, which also isn't in the final.
- Blue flickies run in circles, purple flickies mix the worse of the final green and red ones (move randomly and jump).
- In the earliest proto, the ring disappears when flickies are put into it. Unless all five flickies are put in it at once you will be stuck.
- There are no rings in Green Grove 3 although ten rings are already given at the beginning of the act.
- In Green Grove zone 1 & 2, the Knuckles specific areas are not in this proto.
- There are slight changes to the level layout.
|Download Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (beta 73)
File: Sonic_3D_Blast_(Prototype_73_-_Jul_03,_1996,_13.58).rar (857 kB) (info)
External LinksSonic Retro discussion thread
|Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (beta 73), prerelease version of Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island|
|Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island|