Sonic 2: Return of Shadow
From Sonic Retro
|Fast Facts on Sonic 2: Return of Shadow|
Version: 2015 Sonic Hacking Contest Build
Sonic 2: Return of Shadow is a ROM hack based off of the original Mega Drive version of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 that has been in the works since 2013. It includes 4 characters to choose from all with different move sets that fit them. Every level in the SHC '15 demo has art changes, along with new music in each act. Layout changes (Knuckles has some of his own) and much more.
Character Move Sets
Sonic 2: Return of Shadow contains many custom moves for all 4 characters.
- Shield moves: Double Jump Spark, Fireball, Bubble Bounce, Homing attack. For lightning shield, Fire Shield, Bubble Bounce, press A, B, or C while in the air, Yellow Shield, press A,B, or C while in the air by an object to homing attack.
- Insta-shield: Press A, or C while in the air without a shield, it will protect Sonic for a quick second against attacks.
- Super Peelout: Hold up and hold A, B, or C to rev it up.
- Ground Pound/Plus Spin: Hold B while jumping to smack to the ground, when ground is hit hold forward to spindash forward.
- Flight: Jump and press A, or C to gain height.
- Aerial Attack: Jump and press B, works like the Sonic Battle aerial tails attack.
- Glide: Jump and Hold A, or C, works like the Adventure Series.
- Drill Claw: While gliding, Hold B while still holding A or C.
- Dig: When in Drill Claw once Knuckles hits the ground, he will dig underground and look for an item. He is invulnerable at this time. This move works on walls too.
- Shadow Melee: Press C to Start combo, first is a punch, second is a faster punch, 3rd is a kick, and final is a jump kick.
- Hover: Jump and hold B.
- Gun Shot: While in a hover, press C, to shoot a bullet.
- Chaos Energy: jump and press A, makes Shadow invulnerable from attacks, and attracts the rings around him, for a short period of time.
Moves for all Characters:
- Spindash: for Sonic and Shadow, hold down and press A, B, or C to rev up and for Tails and knuckles, hold up or down and press A, B, or C.
- Wind Burst: Instant burst of speed when running at full speed for 5 seconds.
- Tails Tag Team: When having Tails as sidekick, jump and press up for him to start flying, once the main character is attached you can also control Tails, press B for the main character to jump off and A for tails to fling you forward. If the main character is Tails, if Sonic/Knuckles attaches to him you can fling them forward with the same button. At this time you can only ascend with the C button.
- Special Ramp/Spring Tricks: When In falling animation from spring or ramp, press up to gain a burst of speed up, characters movement will be locked until in falling animation, press a direction and B to go forward, they wont be able to move until they hit the ground, press B and no direction to move backwards, and press down to gain speed down, and press C to go into a roll.
Note: (Knuckles currently doesn't have the Ramp/Spring tricks.)
This is a listing of all of the playable levels in the SHC '15 demo version release:
- Bayside Atoll
- Nightside Atoll
- Frost Mountain
- Neon Lights
- Wacky Workbench
- Massacre Temple
- Tidal Tempest
- Mushroom Cavern
- Forgotten Cave
- Lakeside Garden
- Sunset Marble
- Locust Dunes
- Hidden Palace
|Download Sonic 2: Return of Shadow SHC '15 Demo
File: S2ROS.rar (1.64 MB) (info)