Sonic 1 With Fries
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic 1 With Fries
|Version: Public Build 5
|Last release: 2009-10-13
|System: Sega Mega Drive
|ROM size: 4 MB
|Original game: Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit)
|Peripherals supported: N/A
|Credits: Afti, Oerg866, Xeric
|Dr. Robotnik is an asshole. He stole the sacred Chaos Fries, cooked in Chaos Emerald-infused oils. With them, he has built an army of robots, and his flying fortress, Chrome Castle Zone. If you can acquire the Chaos Emeralds, you may be able to neutralize the Chaos Fries.
- Two characters: Sonic the Hedgehog and Ray the Flying Squirrel. Use Sonic's speed to fling yourself around levels, or, if you're a more methodical type, use the slower Ray's teleport to bypass barriers and gaps, finding shortcuts through the Zone. Press during mid-jump to perform a Static Curl (Sonic) or Burst Teleport (Ray).
- Six unique Zones.
- Physics tweaks.
- Two new Monitors: the Low-Grav Shield and the Emerald. The Low-Grav Shield massively increases your jump height if you have it, while seven Emerald monitors are hidden throughout the game.
- Original music by Oerg866.
- Sunset Turnpike Zone: Take a stroll through this city at dusk. The suspended highways enable you to reach great speeds, but don't think you're going to be allowed to just blaze right through.
- Blazing Citadel Zone: At the edge of the city is a disused steel foundry. Robotnik has made this place into a veritable fortress; don't let your guard down for a second. And avoid the rivers of molten steel if you know what's good for you.
- Septic Slide Zone: Flushed into the sewers! This sewer system is Robotnik's territory, and he doesn't want you traveling through it! And if his robots and traps don't get you, can you make it through the filthy waters, or will you drown?
- Flying Gate Zone: You've arrived at the Chrome Castle, but the gates are sealed! There's a vent at the far end of the massive, twisted mess of scaffolding covering the structure; if you can cross it, you can reach Robotnik!
- Chrome Castle Zone: Robotnik's lair! It's an elegant design, but don't let that fool you; one wrong step and you're toast! At the end is Robotnik's inner sanctum.
|Download Sonic 1 With Fries
File: Sonic 1 With Fries- Public Build 5.rar (2.65 MB) (info)
Current version: Public build 5.01
- Current Sonic 1 With Fries thread at Sonic Retro
- Original Sonic 1 With Fries thread at Sonic Retro
- Sonic 1 With Fries development blog