Sonic - Hyper X
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic - Hyper X|
|Last release: 14 November 2008|
|System: Sega Mega Drive|
|Original game: Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit)|
Sonic - Hyper X is a 2004 hack of Sonic the Hedgehog created by Skaarg. It was one of the first Sonic hacks that had all of its music changed. In addition, it also featured modified palettes and layouts. Skaarg had stated that he was going to continue to expand upon his hack, but it seems highly unlikely at this point.
- Green Hill Zone - Palette and level layout modified.
- Castle Zone - Palette hack of Marble Zone. The Title Card still says Marble Zone however.
- Spring Yard Zone - Palette modified.
- Labyrinth Zone - Palette modified. The level music is often praised as the best song in the hack.
- Star Light Zone - Palette modified.
- Scrap Brain Zone - Palette modified.
However, for some reason the special stages won't work.
|Download Sonic - Hyper X
File: Sonic_1_-_Hyper_X.zip (365 kB) (info)
Current version: Version 1