From Sonic Retro
|Category: Level editor|
|System: Microsoft .NET Framework|
| Supported Games: Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles,|
Sonic & Knuckles Collection, Sonic CD, Sonic 2 Nick Arcade
| Thanks: FraGag (KENSSharp),|
flamewing (Path swapper definition, Linux testing)
SonLVL (formerly known as S2LVL) is a utility for editing levels in the 16-bit versions of Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic & Knuckles Collection and the Mega-CD and 1995 PC versions of Sonic CD. It was written by MainMemory in C#, and requires the .NET Framework 3.5 to run. It was created to offer an alternative to SonED2. Project files for several disassemblies are included in the Updater program linked below. It has a repository on Sonic Retro's GitHub, so that anybody may obtain the source code and make changes.
If you're having trouble setting it up, check out SCHG How-to:Set Up SonLVL.
A changelog for the GitHub revisions can be found here.
The information listed below dates back to 2011 and in no way reflects the current state of the program. Sonic 3 & Knuckles and the S1 2005 disassembly are fully supported by SonLVL.
- Redid object definitions, to add proper display of more complex objects.
- Dropped support for S1 2005 disassembly.
- Added some chunk, block and palette editing.
- Added start position editing.
- Added underwater palette support.
- A log file will be saved in the event of a crash.
- Read only support for Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
- Added object definitions for Casino Night.
- Added support for CNZ's special bumpers.
- Added support for Sonic 1.
- Added SonED2 keyboard shortcuts.
- Made adding object 0x25 add a ring group instead.
- Added single-line and full palette PNG export.
- Added Undo/Redo.
- Made all forms resizable.
- Added fullscreen mode.
- Added copying and pasting of objects.
- Added object definitions for ARZ and DEZ.
- Added dropdown menu for object ID editing.
- Beta 5 (info) (135 kB)
- Beta 4 (info) (128 kB)
- Beta 3 (info) (98 kB)
- Beta 2 (info) (132 kB)
- Beta 1 (info) (120 kB)