From Sonic Retro
|Tenth level, Sonic and the Black Knight|
Great Megalith is the a stage in Sonic and the Black Knight for the Wii; one of the four levels after Knight's Passage that can be played as the Knights of the Round Table as well as Sonic. Returning to the grasslands of Titanic Plain at night-time, the heroes find where the troll-wagons were taking their prisoners: massive wooden fortress-towers, described by Lancelot as "like a giant bird cage". Spider-monstrosities crowd the fields outside the towers, and Knights of the Underworld patrol the prison complexes cut into the rocks.
After Nimue informs the knights that Merlina's dark spell might still be contained by activating four barrier stones, they rush off to create the magical seal. Although the player is free to take any of Sonic, Sir Gawain, Sir Percival, or Sir Lancelot to complete Great Megalith, from the subsequent cutscenes the level appears to canonically be the preserve of Sir Gawain. Shrouded Forest, The Cauldron, and Dragon's Lair occur simultaneously for the other characters.
Once Gawain jams his Sacred Swords, Galatine, into Great Megalith's barrier stone, he ponders about the conspicuous absence of the greatest sword, Excalibur. While King Arthur had the scabbard, his Knights never saw the blade itself.
- Beat the Clock: Reach the goal before time runs out - 600 followers
- Diehard Challenge: - Clear without being defeated - 400 followers
- Hide and Seek: Find 10 Hidden Fairies - 200 followers
- Special Challenge: Destroy 12 columns - 250 followers
- Chain of Enemies: Defeat 50 enemies in a row - 400 followers
- Legacy: - Reach the goal - 200 followers
Items which can be acquired in Great Megalith missions include:
- Iron Shackle, Building Block, Ace of Hearts, Ace of Diamonds, Joker, Pendant of Eons, Bronze Helmet, Prison Key, Cursed Helmet, Chain Bracelet, Rusty Axe, Bronze Axe, Steel Axe, Moonrock, Rusty Rapier, Paralysis Immunity, Poison Broach, Bronze Longsword, Cursed Longsword, Steel Longsword, Cure-All Broach, Bronze Gauntlet, Paralysis Cure
|Sonic and the Black Knight|
Songs: "Knight of the Wind" | "Through the Fire" | "Fight the Knight" | "With Me" | "Live Life"