From Sonic Retro
<forumuser name="DeanSatan" /> Dean Sitton (known on the Sonic Retro forums as DeanSatan) is a developer known for his involvement in the conceptual phase of the original Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Mega Drive. He was responsible for conceptualizing the name Dr. Ivo Robotnik, as well as the names of multiple Badniks from the US version of Sonic the Hedgehog.
In addition to his Sonic-related work, he was also responsible for naming two other games for the Sega Mega Drive in the US--DeCapAttack and Quackshot, respectively. He helped to develop entertainment hardware and software for many companies in the San Francisco bay area. Formats he developed for include Arcade, Console, PC, Handheld, and Wireless platforms.
Scene involvementOn January 14th, 2009, Dean Sitton created a topic on the Sonic Retro forums, revealing his involvement in the Sonic the Hedgehog game series and offering to answer various questions from fans regarding his involvement in the franchise. Among the information revealed were the different badniks that he was responsible for naming through the US localization, as well as general advice on SEGA's policy regarding fan-created concepts and materials.
Sitton attributed his poor typing in the thread to a "broken keyboard"; whether or not this could be confirmed as true is yet to be seen. However he has stated that the broken keyboard is now a "memory", meaning that he no longer has it. Even so, his typing is still sometimes sub-standard.
- B.O.B. (1993) — Programmer
- The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin: SCD Version (1993) — Level Layout
- Urban Strike: GEN Version (1995) — Special Thanks
- Frankenstein: Through the Eyes of the Monster (1995) — Administrative Support
- Pandemonium!: PS1 Version (1996) — Tester
- Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland (2000) — Level Designer
- Spyro: Season of Ice (2001) — Production
- Batman: Chaos in Gotham (2001) — Associate Producer
- Alienators: Evolution Continues (2001) — Associate Producer
- Dance Dance Revoultion: Ultramix 2 (2004) — Tester