Stella the Cat
From Sonic Retro
Revision as of 19:19, 18 November 2014 by Xeta
|Fast Facts on Stella the Cat|
Version: Rev 1
Stella the Cat is a fan-made ROM of the game Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, featuring a fan-made character called Stella the Cat (aka Stella Hoshine). She replaces the main character, Sonic.
The author of the hack had planned to alter the levels further with palette recoloring and level redesign but instead decided against working on the hack further.
- Some stages renamed and have new palettes to make it a bit more "original".
- Spin Dash: press + Jump
- Jump Dash: press Jump twice
- Tailspin attack: press
- Flying kick attack: jump +
- In some stages like Labyrinth Zone, if the player has enough speed and presses jump repeatedly they can perform water skimming.
- Mint Hill Zone (Green Hill Zone)
- Magma Ruins Zone (Marble Zone)
- Luminous City Zone (Spring Yard Zone)
- Labyrinth Zone
- Moon Light Zone (Star Light Zone)
- Scrap Brain Zone
- Final Zone
- Some VRAM issues: the ending sprite is garbled in one point, and the flying kick attack as well.
- Demos are crazy.
- If the demo plays and then returns to the title screen, between the A and the R of Stardust will be an artifact, garbled.
- The "10" for points sometimes messes up in Spring Yard Zone and Marble Zone.
- There's that slight teleport after using the tail attack.
- Some monitors (anywhere) and enemies (mostly in Labyrinth Zone) can be hard to hit because of the moveset.
- Possible to die in Marble Zone while invincible during a Jump Dash, if between a block, empty space, and air.
- Doing a mid air kick does not hurt the boss in Final Zone. Also possible to cause an underflow by spamming tailspins on the ground. Can be difficult to hit Eggman as he flees in his vehicle.
- Doesn't work in Regen.
- Selbi for the Jump Dash code
- Lightning for the original Spin Dash guide
- vladikcomper on SSRG for the water skimming code
- Aquaslash, etc., etc. for their original codes
|Download Stella the Cat
File: Stella the Cat v1.zip (398 kB) (info)
Current version: Rev 1