Sonic the Hedgehog 3C (prototype 0408)
From Sonic Retro
Revision as of 15:19, 1 May 2010 by Megamega63
|Sonic the Hedgehog 3C (prototype 0408)|
|Developer: Sonic Team|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive/Genesis|
|Genre: 2D Platform|
Sonic the Hedgehog 3C Prototype 0408 for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis was released by drx during the February 23rd, 2008 proto release. A later in development beta with a compilation number of 0517 was also found. When this beta was obtained by drx the file was labeled 3C indicating this was a unreleased version of Sonic 3. Due to the late development date (dating after Sonic 3's release) it's obvious this isn't Sonic 3 before it was split into 2 games.
|Download Sonic the Hedgehog 3C (prototype 0408)
File: Sonic 3C (Prototype 0408 - Apr 08, 1994, 17.29) (hidden-palace.org).zip (2.2 MB) (info)
- Level Select: Enabled by default. Just scroll down on the start menu. Also in a Special Stage if you press Start then A you will enter level select.
- Debug Mode: At the sound test screen, play songs 01, 03, 05, 07. The ring counter will be replaced with a player sprite/frame counter. Or hold A+Start while selecting a level in sound test and you will start the level with the ability use debug
- All Chaos Emeralds: At the sound test screen, play songs 02, 04, 06, 08.
- Has additional unused sound bytes of music at the following sound test codes: 24, 23, 32, 2D, 22, 21, 20, 1E.
- Sound test numbering is different for most sounds. Lots of empty slots for sounds in the sound tester.
- If Lava Reef act 4 (Hidden Palace Zone) is accessed via Level Select it will use Sky Sanctuary music.
- The echo track of Flying Battery Zone's Act 1 music will go off sync after two loops, and slowly gain drag behind the lead melody.
- It has a really crappy layout and in some places you can see portions of the supposed background. In the final version, other background is implemented.
- No Super form here. There's no Sprite glitch if you enter this level as Tails or Knuckles, unlike the final version.
- If you begin this level without Debug mode, you'll instantly fall to death.
- You simply can't go through the level.
This level is very similar to the Act 1.
- Death Egg's Act 2 music is played
- You can see portions of the boss present in the final version.
- You can't go through the level as it is in a very early development stage.
- You can enter the levels with Tails if you selected him.