Sonic the Hedgehog 061 (IDW)
From Sonic Retro
| Sonic the Hedgehog #61
"Urban Warfare, Part 5"
|← Previous issue | Next issue →
|This is it! The end! (Of the arc, that is.) Everyone is focused on the central command tower: if that goes down, the city will fall. But are three teams enough to stop something it seems even Dr. Eggman can’t control?
Urban Warfare, Part 5
Dr. Eggman gloats as he feels like he's defeated Sonic and his friends. Cubot doubts he can take them but Orbot shushes him. Sonic tries to punch Eggman but he is quickly removed from the equation with the Spatial-Displacement Trap. He then sends Metal Sonic to attack the rest of them. Tangle tries to stop Metal but her hand goes through him. After Metal backs Amy into a corner, Tangle then manages to grab Metal to her confusion. She is then grabbed by Eggman, but then the other two Diamond Cutters Whisper and Lanolin appear.
Meanwhile, Silver, Blaze, Rouge and Omega are still working to free Shadow from the Chaos Emerald replicas. Shadow starts doubting himself but Silver reminds him that he is the Ultimate Life-Form. Silver then manages to free Shadow from the crystal. Upon being freed, Shadow tells Silver he is right about him being ultimate.
Cutting back to Eggman's base, Tails explains that he thinks Eggman's trap partially displaced the Diamond Cutters' bodies. It was Eggman's computer shutting offline that shifted their bodies back into normal space. Lanolin then uses her bell Wispon to damage the room. Eggman is shocked by this, believing his Eggperial City is perfect. Then he sends Metal Sonic after them again but the original Sonic shows up just in time to kick Metal out the window. Everyone escapes the room and sees the whole city has been covered in crystal. Eggman decides it's time to bury this whole project now with all his enemies. Omega also sees Metal flying towards Sonic and gets excited to shoot down a high-level Badnik, but Sonic ends up being the one to lay the final blow on Metal. Shadow then uses Chaos Control again with the crystals to turn them into a cage for Eggman with teleportation. Sonic then gets a boost from his friends to destroy the city once and for all. Shadow then warns the others the city is about to explode and everyone needs to get away now. Shadow's final use of Chaos Control however teleported the explosions away, saving them all.
Afterwards, everyone has a picnic together. Belle and Jewel even join it. Amy during the celebration finds out Rouge actually stole an Echidna artifact from Eggman's trophy room. The pink hedgehog then decides to return it to Angel Island herself while Sonic runs off.
- Story so far: A brief recap of events that have happened in previous issues, reprinting relevant panels.
- A quick reference guide to new readers about the characters, providing data files on Sonic, Tangle, Whisper, Lanolin, Amy, Tails, Silver, Blaze, Shadow, Rouge, E-123 Omega and Dr. Eggman.
- Sonic Letters Squad: Reader letters and artwork, with replies from the comic staff.
- Creator Corner: An interview with a member of the comic staff. This issue interviews Shawn Lee.
- Raw artwork of each of this issue's variant covers.
- Story: Evan Stanley
- Art: Adam Bryce Thomas
- Colors: Rik Mack, Valentina Pinto
- Letters: Shawn Lee
- Editors: Riley Farmer, David Mariotte
- Special thanks to: Mai Kiyotaki, Afia Khan, Michael Cisneros, Sandra Jo, Sonic Team, and everyone at Sega for their invaluable assistance.
- https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=82771401521806111 (Wayback Machine: 2023-06-07 15:57)