From Sonic Retro
Revision as of 07:06, 17 August 2011 by SOTI (now with added bosses)
| This page is protected from editing pending information about the game's release.|
Should you have found any information, please contact a Wiki Sysop, Moderator, or Administrator showing the information and its source, and we will add it to the page.
|Developer: Sonic Team|
|System(s): Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo 3DS|
Sonic Generations (白の時空 (PS3/Xbox360) or 青の冒険 (3DS) in Japan) is the name for a game currently in development by Sega for the Xbox 360, the Playstation 3 and later on the Nintendo 3DS for Sonic's 20th Anniversary title. It will feature both the pre-Sonic Adventure and post-Adventure designs for Sonic the Hedgehog and will feature classic levels from Sonic's past titles in three game eras: the Classic Era, the Dreamcast Era, and the Modern Era.
It was first announced in a teaser video Sega posted on April 7th, 2011 on Sonic's official Facebook page. The game was announced for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and was scheduled for a 2011 release. It was announced later for the Nintendo 3DS in Nintendo Power magazine, along with a November 2011 release date for all platforms. At E3, SEGA revealed a trailer revealing City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2. A listing for the game was found in Steam registries, possibly confirming a PC release.
The gameplay will be split into two separate gameplay styles, separated by the character used.
The Modern gameplay style will be 3D with transitions to 2.5D. This gameplay style represents his more recent titles Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors, where you use the Sonic Boost and the Homing Attack to advance.
- The 3DS version of Modern gameplay will be more in line with Sonic Rush/Rush Adventure/Colours DS with Boosting and Homing Attacks kept on the 2D plane.
- The levels in the 3DS version will NOT be the same as its console counterparts.
- As shown in the gameplay of Green Hill Zone, the game with have the exact same level design for the Classic Era levels versus original versions.
The levels between the PS3/360 version and the 3DS version, besides Green Hill Zone are different.
- Green Hill - Sonic the Hedgehog
- Chemical Plant - Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Sky Sanctuary - Sonic & Knuckles
- Speed Highway - Sonic Adventure
- City Escape - Sonic Adventure 2
- Seaside Hill - Sonic Heroes
- Crisis City - Sonic the Hedgehog
- Rooftop Run - Sonic Unleashed
- Planet Wisp - Sonic Colours
- Casino Night Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (DLC)
- Green Hill Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog
- Casino Night Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Mushroom Hill - Sonic & Knuckles
Both the console and 3DS version have different bosses, which take place in their originated zone.
- Metal Sonic (Stardust Speedway - Sonic CD)
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Silver the Hedgehog
- Death Egg (Death Egg Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog 2)
- Egg Dragoon
- Time Eater
- Sega Game Page
- Sega Blog Announcement
- Teaser Trailer
- Official Gameplay Trailer
- Translated Interview with Takashi Iizuka
|Sonic games for the following systems|
|2006 Sonic the Hedgehog 2008 Sonic Unleashed 2009 Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection 2010 Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing | Sonic Free Riders 2011 Sonic Generations 2012 Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed|
|2006 Sonic the Hedgehog 2008 Sonic Unleashed 2009 Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection 2010 Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing 2011 Sonic Generations 2012 Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed|