Sonic 3 and Sally Acorn
From Sonic Retro
Revision as of 13:09, 25 September 2019 by Black Squirrel (Text replacement - "\[\[Category:Hacks.*\]\]" to "==References== <references />")
|Sonic 3 and Sally Acorn|
|Last release: 2015|
|System: Sega Mega Drive|
|Original game: Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles|
| Credits: E-122-Psi|
Additional programming and coding by:
Selbi, Markeyjester, snkenjoi, and many others
The game was modified by Sonic Retro member E-122-Psi, with additional programming and coding by other members including Selbi, Markeyjester and Snkenjoi.
Sally is slower than Sonic and can't use spin attacks; however, she has a number of stealth and agility-based abilities to compensate and access areas Sonic had difficulty reaching, as well as the use of handheld device NICOLE:
- NICOLE Laser Attack: Press and Sally uses NICOLE to fire a small projectile which hits nearby enemies and obstacles.
- NICOLE Scan Mode: Press and NICOLE will send a data wave to reprogram monitors and other Eggman traps.
- NICOLE Downward Laser: Press + / while airborne to fire at objects straight below. Sally also gets a small vertical boost.
- Slide: Press while running to slide on the ground for a short distance. Sally can also slide under certain obstacles using this method.
- Somersault Dash: Press + while sliding on the ground and Sally will somersault forward at a high speed. This is useful for jumping long distances.
- Upward Dash: Hold + while on the ground and Sally will rev her feet on the spot as opposed to a spin dash. Let go of to charge full throttle in the facing direction. Be careful though, Sally is vulnerable to blockading obstacles and enemies.
Sally also replaces Sonic in Competition Mode. Her game play and abilities are identical to that of the 1 Player mode.