Sonic 2 Secret Rings Control is a hack of Sonic 2 by MainMemory. It changes the controls to a style similar to Sonic and the Secret Rings, where Sonic moves forward automatically.
- Speed Break move like in Sonic and the Secret Rings, accessed by holding . Drains your Rings quickly.
- Pressing on the ground causes Sonic to come to a stop. You can perform a Spindash while stopped.
- Pressing in the air causes Sonic to perform a Jump Cancel, canceling all momentum and dropping straight down.
- Pressing after jumping initiates a Homing Attack if there are suitable targets nearby, or a Jump Dash if there aren't.
- You have an infinite number of lives. Because of this, 1up monitors will now provide 40 rings.
- The Level Select screen always comes up when starting a new game.
- Sonic's life counter is now a level (LV.) counter, and the score counter is labeled EXP. Every 10000 points, you gain a level, and every level, your top speed increases by $40, your acceleration increases by 1, and your braking increases by 4.