Sonic 2: Advanced Edit is a Sonic 2 hack created by rika_chou. The latest release features 3 new levels. Other (incomplete) levels can be accessed by using the level select menu. As of release 3, Sonic 2: Advanced Edit has officially been discontinued.
Known Issues In Release 2
- If Sonic enters a Special Stage with a Lightning Shield then exits again, the shield is gone but the ability to drain rings is still effective.
- When running at high speeds in Roof Top Zone, Sonic occasionally passes through solid walls.
- Sonic's starting sprite is corrupted in Robotic Ruin Zone.
- In Robotic Ruin Zone, there is a rather large secret area containing several elements from the original game's Metropolis Zone. Rings are scattered in very strange places, and there is a long tract of what seems to be lava throughout one half. Once the player gets into this area, s/he cannot leave without restarting. (To access this area, find a thin strip of lava next to a pit containing four yellow springs. Jump into the pit and push to the left, then fall down the lava; You should reach the hidden area.)
- When becoming Super Sonic, Sonic's sprites do not coincide with his sprites from Sonic 3. The result is an amusing disconnect between his movement and his speed.
It is important to note that neither Tails nor Knuckles can access their super forms.
Garnet Garden Zone (Accessed using Level Select)
Crystal Cavern Zone (Accessed using Level Select)
Oil Ocean Zone (Accessed using Level Select, probably supposed to be renamed to Dust Hill Zone.)