Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog
From Sonic Retro
Revision as of 12:29, 28 February 2021 by Ccawley2011 (talk | contribs)
|Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog|
|System(s): Nintendo Switch|
|ROM size: 44.2 MB|
|Number of players: 1|
Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog (SEGA AGES ソニック・ザ・ヘッジホッグ) is a re-release of Sonic the Hedgehog developed by M2 as the first game of the Sega Ages lineup for the Nintendo Switch, released alongside Thunder Force IV. It was first announced in early 2018, and later released worldwide in September 2018.
This re-release includes almost all of the features from 3D Sonic the Hedgehog. These include the Spin Dash, which still retains its oddity in that Sonic can still be damaged by collision with a moving Badnik while charging the move. Other returning features include the Level Select option, the display filters and the ability to play either the Rev.01 or Rev.00 version (which the interface describes as "Japan" and "International" respectively).
In addition to the returning features, there are brand new ones. One such feature is the inclusion of the Drop Dash from Sonic Mania, which can be toggled alongside the Spin Dash, and the inclusion of the "Ring Keeper" mode from 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2, where the player starts each Act with 10 Rings and only loses half their Rings when hit. By far the biggest new feature that has been added is the ability to play the Mega Play arcade version of the game, which marks the first time this version has ever seen a re-release on a digital platform.
There is also a Challenge Mode where the player can compete for a high score in one of two challenges with their best scores being uploaded to an online leaderboard. The challenges are:
- Time Attack: Complete Green Hill Zone Act 1 as quickly as possible.
- Score Attack: Play through the Mega Play version and get the highest score possible with only one life.
Nintendo eShop chart performance
|This short section needs expansion. You can help Sonic Retro by adding to it.|
- Official website (Japanese)
- Nintendo catalogue pages: JP, US, UK, AU
- Official trailers on YouTube: Japanese, English
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/sega-ages-sonic-the-hedgehog-switch (Wayback Machine: 2019-03-30 22:15)
- ↑ https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/SEGA-AGES-Sonic-The-Hedgehog-1441462.html (archive.today)
- ↑ https://www.nintendo.fr/Jeux/Jeux-a-telecharger-sur-Nintendo-Switch/SEGA-AGES-Sonic-The-Hedgehog-1441462.html (archive.today)
- ↑ https://www.nintendo.de/Spiele/Nintendo-Switch-Download-Software/SEGA-AGES-Sonic-The-Hedgehog-1441462.html (archive.today)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000010210 (Wayback Machine: 2018-09-20 03:03)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 https://ec.nintendo.com/AU/en/titles/70010000010208 (archive.today)
|Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit)|
Main page (Gen|2013|3D|Ages)
|Sonic the Hedgehog games for the following systems|
|2017 Sonic Mania | Sonic Forces 2018 Sonic Mania Plus | Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog | Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania Plus Double Pack | 2 Hits Pack 2019 Team Sonic Racing | Sonic Mania Plus & Team Sonic Racing | Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 2020 Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog 2 | Sonic Mania + Team Sonic Racing Double Pack 2021 Sonic Colours: Ultimate 2022 Sonic Origins | Sonic Frontiers 2023 Sonic Origins Plus|