A male veteran of the online Sonic scene and a part of the Sonic Retro site staff, InstantSonic is a member of several forums of the scene, including Sonic Retro and Sonic Fan Games HQ. He is widely regarded for his superb voice acting talent in various fan productions throughout the scene whilst playing the role of Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Eggman, though he is also proficient at playing the roles of several other characters in the franchise.
InstantSonic became a member of the Sonic community in 1998, frequenting Sonic Fan Games HQ, and the now-defunct SegaSonic Network, but only lurking at the time. He made his own short fan games through the means of Klik and Play. Around this same time, he learned of Sonic Robo Blast 2, and it wasn't until 2001 that he joined the team responsible for creating Sonic Robo Blast 2, Sonic Team Junior, and became an active member of the Sonic community.
InstantSonic then started to pick up on voice acting. He did not have the proper audio equipment at the time, and used headphones and Music 2000 aka MTV Music Generator to record and put together his acting sessions. In 2003, he acquired more professional means of recording, and in the same year, met his now-fiancée Hero Chao through his small Sonic-related voice acting website. In 2005, Hero Chao and InstantSonic moved in with each other, eventually getting engaged in December of 2010. They both combined their talents and organized Sonic Amateur Games Expo 14 (2009) and 15 (2010), which are widely revered as the most successful incarnations of the event to date.
As of 2011, InstantSonic co-leads the fangaming subforum of Sonic Retro. He is currently working on a fangame project, Sonic the Hedgehog SHMUP.
Other Contact Information
- Sonic the Hedgehog SHMUP (Fan Game; 2009-?) - Director, Producer, Music Composer, Sound Effects, Sprite Artist/Sprite Animator, Badnik/Enemy Concept Artist, Level Designer
- Sonic Retro Podcast aka The Retro Cast (Bi-Weekly Podcast; 2009-?) - Himself; Director, Editor, Producer
- Sonic and the Death Cheese 3 (Radio Play; in Pre-Production) - The voices of Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Eggman
Finished Projects/ Productions
- Sonic Robo Blast 2 (Fan Game; 2001-2008) - Music Composer, Sound Effects, Sprite Artist/Sprite Animator, Texture Artist, Badnik/Enemy Concept Artist, Background Artist; Voice of Sonic
- The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (Pilot; Uncredited) - The voices of Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Robotnik
- Wrath of Ashura (Fan Game; 2002) - The voices of Sonic the Hedgehog, Ashura and Dr. Eggman
- The Real Eggman (Music/Flash Animation; 2003) - The voice of Dr. Eggman; Sound Engineer and Editor
- Sonic and the Death Cheese (Radio Play; 2003) - The voices of Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Eggman; Sound Engineer and Editor
- Sonic X - The Redub (Anime Dub; 2003) - The voices of Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Eggman; Sound Effects; Sound Editor
- Nightzone (2003-2005) - Voice over for Boston radio station WERS-FM
- TSSZ News (2003-2009) - Voice over for TSSZ Radio
- The Wizard Needs Food, Badly! (Fan Game; 2004-2006) - The voices of Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Eggman; Sound Effects, Enemy Concept Artist, Level Concept Artist
- The Wizard Needs Food, Badly! Horribly-Rushed Exhibit Preview Edition (Fan Game Edit; 2005) - The voices of Yukkle the Squirrel and Pudwick the Wizard; Sound Effects, Enemy Concept Artist, Level Concept Artist
- Sonic and the Death Cheese 2 (Radio Play; 2009) - The voices of Sonic the Hedgehog Dr. Eggman, Cream the Rabbit, Cheese the Chao, Robo-Cheese, The Waiter; Editor, Sound Engineer, Producer
- Sonic Amateur Games Expo 14 (Event; 2009) - Host
- Sonic Amateur Games Expo 15 (Online Convention; 2010) - Host
- Pirates Vikings and Knights 2 for Half-Life 2 (Game Modification; 2006-2011) - Voice; Sound Engineer
- No More Room in Hell for Half-Life 2 (Game Modification; 2010-2011) - Sound Engineer
- Sundays with Scratch & Grounder - Editor/Post Production