Chaotix (prototype 1229)
From Sonic Retro
|Chaotix (prototype 1229)|
|Prerelease of: Chaotix|
|System: Sega 32X|
|Build date: 1994-12-30|
|ROM size: 4 MB|
|Source: CD-R disc|
|Found by: drx|
Chaotix prototype 1229 is a prototype build of Chaotix for the Sega 32X. It was released by drx during the February 23rd, 2008 proto release. Its compile date is Dec, 30 1994.
|Main article: Chaotix (prototype 1229)/Comparisons|
- The US region title screen still says "Featuring Espio the Chameleon" unlike in the final version.
- To climb walls with Knuckles, you must hold the jump button, otherwise he will jump off the wall (much like Vector in the Final).
- Knuckles climbing sprites are different.
- Different end signpost.
- When you call your partner, your sprite is in front of their's. Heavy looks so much smaller by comparison.
- The light switch is not present in Amazing Arena, nor is the mini-boss. However, you can complete the level regardless.
NOTE: To play the prototype in Kega Fusion v3.6 and up, the "Fast 32X Timing" option in the 32X configuration tab must be enabled. For older versions of Kega Fusion, a special release, which can play the prototype, was made available here (info) (268 kB).
|Download Chaotix (prototype 1229)
File: Knuckles'_Chaotix_(32X)_(Prototype_1229_-_Dec_30,_1994,_15.31)_(hidden-palace.org).zip (1.84 MB) (info)
- Sonic Retro discussion thread
- Hidden Palace News Release
- Videos of this prototype: Video 1 Video 2
|Chaotix (prototype 1229), prerelease version of Chaotix|
Main page | Comparisons | Maps | Hidden content