From Sonic Retro
On rare occasions, incomplete versions of Sonic the Hedgehog games find their way to the general public. As these copies differ from their final counterparts, they can often provide an insight into the original vision of the game, before deadlines or technical or design restrictions led the development team down a different path.
This category covers prototype versions and release candidates of Sonic games made available to the public, both those which made it to retail, and those which did not.
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- Sonic & Knuckles prereleases
- Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island prereleases
- Sonic Adventure 2 prereleases
- Sonic Adventure prereleases
- Sonic Blast prereleases
- Sonic Heroes prereleases
- Sonic R prereleases
- Sonic Spinball (8-bit) prereleases
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit) prereleases
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (8-bit) prereleases
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 prereleases
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4 prereleases
- Sonic the Hedgehog CD prereleases
- Sonic Triple Trouble prereleases
Pages in category "Prereleases"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.
- SegaSonic the Hedgehog (revision A)
- Sonic & Tails Demonstration Sample
- Sonic Advance (prototype)
- Sonic Advance 3 (prototype)
- Sonic and the Black Knight (preview build)
- Sonic Drift (demo)
- Sonic Generations (demo 2)
- Sonic Generations (demo)
- Sonic Mega Collection (prototype)
- Sonic N (prototype)
- Sonic Rush (E3 beta)
- Sonic Spinball (16-bit prototype)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2006 Xbox Live demo)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Gear prototype)
- Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure (preview)
- Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure Taikenban
- Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld (4 prototypes)
- Sonic Unleashed (Xbox 360 preview build)
- Sonic's Edusoft