This page has a list of articles for Sonic the Hedgehog and covers short magazine articles not deserving of their own page.
- Advertisements - Sonic the Hedgehog
- CVG Hit - Sonic the Hedgehog (Computer & Video Games, August 1991)
- Coming Soon - Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Players Enjoy Club, Summer 1991)
- Especial Top Secret - Sonic the Hedgehog (Ação Games, December 1991)
- Game Review - Sonic the Hedgehog (Player One, July 1991)
- Game Review - Sonic the Hedgehog (Unknown British Magazine, 1991)
- Great Moments in Hedgehog History - Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Visions, Summer 1991)
- Green Hill Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog (Unknown Magazine, 1991)
- His Name is Sonic - Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Players Enjoy Club, November 1990)
- Music Galaxy - Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Players Enjoy Club, November 1990)
- News - Sonic the Hedgehog (Mean Machines, February 1991)
- Preview - Sonic the Hedgehog (Computer & Video Games, June 1991)
- Preview - Sonic the Hedgehog (Computer Plus Video Giochi, July/August 1991)
- Preview - Sonic the Hedgehog (Mean Machines, June 1991)
- Preview - Sonic the Hedgehog (Mean Machines, May 1991)
- Preview - Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Visions, May 1991)
- Preview - Sonic the Hedgehog (Videogame, May 1991)
- Pro Review - Sonic the Hedgehog (GamePro, June 1991)
- Q and A - Sonic the Hedgehog (Mean Machines, August 1991)
- Rescue Rings - Sonic the Hedgehog (Video Games, February 1991)
- Review - Sonic the Hedgehog (Mean Machines, July 1991)
- Review - Sonic the Hedgehog (Raze, September 1991)
- Sega City (Raze, August 1991)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Edge Magazine, Unknown Year)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (flyer)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Raze, October 1991)
- Sonic the Hedgehog: A New Superstar (Game Players Encyclopedia, November 1991)
- Staff Interview - Sonic the Hedgehog (Unknown Japanese Magazine, March 1991)
- Strategy Guide - Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Visions, May 1992)
- Super Play Game Strategies - Sonic the Hedgehog (Electronic Gaming Monthly, October 1991)
- Superestratégia Mega Drive - Sonic the Hedgehog (Ação Games, October 1991)
- Walkthrough - Sonic the Hedgehog (Megaforce, September-October 1991)
- Zapping Sonic (Megaforce, August 1991)
Preview (August 1990)
A preview with early prototype screenshots.
Title: Sonic the Hedgehog
Sega/Release Date Unknown/Price Unknown/ACT
Subtitle: “Could it be another Alex Kidd?”
“They are trying to create a new original character with this “Sonic the Hedgehog”. Please stay tuned for further details.”
Main text: “For release next Spring comes an original character action game from Sega.
“We don’t have details on what sort of game this will turn out to be but judging from screens it looks quite different from anything we’ve seen to date from Sega. We think the colorful and bright graphics could turn out to be popular.
“It remains to be seen whether this will turn into another Alex Kidd Osaaru for Sega!”
Left picture caption: “The title screen. Will this become another popular original character for Sega?”
Right picture caption: “Will it be cute character graphics with whimsical action?”
Electronic Gaming Monthly
Review (July 1991)
A review for the game Sonic the Hedgehog, where each reviewer gives the game a nine out of ten.
Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 024 July 1991 page 024.jpg
Cheat Codes (August 1991)
These two clips from Electronic Gaming monthly give away cheat codes.
S1 ElectronicGamingMonthly August1991 Issue025 01.jpg
S1 ElectronicGamingMonthly August1991 Issue025 Page96.jpg
Overview (November 1992)
This magazine gives a small overview of the game.
This clip from "Games TM" features a retrospective of Eggman and dwells on what makes him a memorable villian.
This clip from gameplayers is from the 1991 issue of Gameplayers Sega Genesis Strategy Guide. It explains how there were two different Genesis pack-in games, Altered Beast and Sonic the Hedgehog. The Altered Beast package comes with a coupon for a free Sonic 1 game. The bottom letter contains a silly mock-up.
Cheat Codes (December 1991)
This clip from the same issue as the previous clip explains how to enable the debug mode. Note the "GP" written with Springs.
GamePro Issue029 December 1991 DebugClip.jpg
Game Genie Codes (April 1993)
This includes a few Game Genie codes which affect jumping ability.
GamePro Issue 045 - April 1993 173.jpg
Sonic LCD (September 1992)
Mean Machines had this small preview about the Sonic the Hedgehog LCD game in one of its issues.
Top 100 (October 1992)
The original Sonic the Hedgehog is featured as one of the top 100 games for the Mega Drive. There is also a small blurb about Sonic 2. It also mentions Sonic CD and Sonic 3.
Sega CD Release (August 1992)
Info on this Sega CD release can be found here.
S2 MegaPlay Issue11 August1992 Page030.jpg
This clip from United Kingdom's "Sega Magazine" (which later became Sega Saturn magazine) discusses things which were deleted from the final version of Sonic the Hedgehog, including his air punch end of level animation, the Marble Zone UFOs, and the rolling ball from Green Hill Zone.
Contest (Fall 1991)
This is an article detailing a contest to draw a Sonic Comic book for Sega Visions.
This clip details Sega's business strategy around 1991. It also makes mention of Sonic's scrapped love interest in the original Sonic the Hedgehog, called Madonna. Images of her can be found in the Game Development section.