From Sonic Retro
Aquis, called Seadra (シードラ) in the Japanese manual, is an enemy from the 16-bit version of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 found in Oil Ocean Zone. It is a flying seahorse that moves swiftly and quickly fires quick black bullets at you. They are a pain to get around, so to try to hit them with precision.
In both the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Nick Arcade Prototype and the Sonic 2 Beta, code and sprites exist for another type of Aquis which behave erratically and shoot oil balls at Sonic when approached.
| Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)
Main (KiS2 | 2013)
Music: OSV / OST
Cheat Codes (KiS2)
Game Secrets (2013)
Welcome to the Next Level
To see all print and TV advertisements, visit the Advertisements page.
Enemies and Obstacles
Scrapped Enemies and Obstacles:
These are cheat codes which can be accessed by inputting button sequences or by various other methods.
Note: in cheat codes, + signifies that the buttons must be held simultaneously.
For a list of all codes, see Cheat Codes:Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit).
- Zone Select: Play tunes 19, 65, 09, 17 on the options screen, + on title screen.
- 14 Continues: Play tunes 01, 01, 02, 04 on the options screen. An incorrect sound command is issued, causing OOZ music to continue playing until a reset.
- Super Sonic: Play tunes 04, 01, 02, 06 on the zone select sound test, an emerald sound triggers, select zone, hold until Sonic appears.
- Debug mode + Slow-motion/Restart: Play tunes 01, 09, 09, 02, 01, 01, 02, 04 on the zone select sound test, a ring sound triggers, select zone, hold until Sonic appears.
- Super Sonic + Debug: Play tunes 01, 09, 09, 02, 01, 01, 02, 04, 01, 02, 06 on the zone select sound test, a ring sound triggers after 04 and an emerald sound triggers after 06, select zone, hold until Sonic appears.