Amy Rose in Sonic the Hedgehog 2
From Sonic Retro
Revision as of 10:34, 1 March 2018 by Edward2005 (added bonus level also works)
|Amy Rose in Sonic the Hedgehog 2|
|Last release: 2015-04-12|
|System: Sega Mega Drive/Genesis|
|Original game: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)|
| Credits: E-122-Psi|
Additional programming and coding by:
MarkeyJester, MainMemory, Selbi, and many others
Amy Rose in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (aka Amy in Sonic 2) is a character swap hack Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, with character Amy Rose as playable character in place of Sonic the Hedgehog. The game's sprites (modified from Sonic CD) use Amy's initial design prior to Sonic Adventure.
Amy's abilities mirror those she utilized in the Sonic Advance series. She is slower than Sonic and can't use spin attacks, however has a number of abilities (mostly using her Piko Piko Hammer) to gain manueverability and access areas Sonic had difficulty reaching:
- Hammer Attack: Press and Amy swings her hammer, damaging enemies. In addition, Amy can use her hammer to smash obstacles such as walls and hit springs.
- Hammer Jump: Press + on the ground and Amy smashes the hammer into the ground, launching her into the air.
- Hammer Whirl: Press + in the air and Amy swirls down toward the ground. If an enemy is hit Amy will bounce up again.
- Upward Dash: Hold + / while on the ground and Amy will rev her feet on the spot as opposed to a spin dash. Let go of to charge full throttle in the facing direction. Be careful though, Amy is vulnerable to blockading obstacles and enemies.
- Giant Steps: Press + / while on the ground and Amy will take a giant step forward as opposed to a spin dash. This can be repeated so long as there is room. This move is good for getting up steep slopes; she can even get up slopes the others can't spin dash up!
Amy gains a few stipulations akin to Knuckles in Sonic 2, for example, the ring quota in Special Stages are depleted and she retains her ring count after losing lives or entering starposts. 2 Player options (also with Amy replacing Sonic) and the ability to play as Tails remain from the original game however.
On the level select Sound Test, play tunes 03, 03, 03, 0B, 10, 10, 10 and 04 in order to play a hidden bonus.
|Download Amy Rose in Sonic the Hedgehog 2
File: Amy_Rose_In_Sonic_The_Hedgehog_2_Rev_1.6.7z (714 kB) (info)
Current version: 1.6 (2015-04-12)
- Amy In Sonic 2, v1.5 (info) (743 kB) (743KB)
- Amy In Sonic 2, v1.4 (info) (743 kB) (743KB)
- Amy In Sonic 2, v1.3 (info) (741 kB) (740KB)
- Amy In Sonic 2, v1.2 (info) (742 kB)(724KB)